Quantcast

i saw someone get hit by a car today!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
we just got back in otwn from our race this weekend (seperate thread on the way) and we were driving down an extremely busy street in memphis. acroos the street some guy was riding into traffic on the sidewalk:rolleyes:.

so we are stopped at a light talking about how the gguy needed to shift up because he was spinning like crazy. (the constant critics we are). all of the sudden we hear a car at the intersection slam on its brakes. i look up and the car clips the dude's back wheel. he goes flying into the air, lands on his face and his shoe gets knocked off. NOT WEARING A HELMET EITHER.

he had run straight through the red light on the freaking sidewalk. he jumped up, grabbed his bike and his shoe, told the driver he was ok and took off on his bike again. i wasnt sure if i should stop but he was gone before i could make the descision.

it was insane. ive never seen anything like that before. he looked ok. no blood at least. f'in idiot. it was totally his fault. the only reason i would have stopped is to be a witness for the driver if the dumbass tried to sue.

shook me up. i cant imagine how either one of the people involved feels.

after we drove off tn made the observation that if he had just geared up he would have beat that car through the light.:dead: