Quantcast

I scored this frame today...

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I thought I was getting a 58cm, which would have to be adjusted a bit, but it turns out that the little guys overseas boxed one wrong. 56cm at cost, closeout cost that is. I'll use my EC90 SL on it, so I get to sell the EC70 too.

Dediacci 16.5 with Black Tail and Black box stays. Once I get a 31.8 front derailleur, I'll post pics. Here's a generic shot for now. Woot!!!

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Yeah - it's unfortunate, as I think Haro has really stepped up to the plate in a lot of respects. I am stoked we carry them, but I'm also stoked we have the big S, Trek and Giant.

Yeah - I know - we're whores. ;)

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
That's a gorgeous bike. But you ride a 56? I'm 5'9" and my old Serotta is a 54? I woulda thought you'd be more like a 58 or 60.
Just shy of 6 ft. I prefer a 56 with a shortish stem and the saddle slammed back. I tried a 58 again yesterday and didn't love it, but could make it work. My derailleur should be here tomorrow, so I'll have more news soon.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
another? damn...bike whore.

way off topic....

how's Giant's warranty department? i was working on a TCR Advanced and found a crack/ crushed spot on the seat tube. customer swears up and down she doesn't know what happened, other than the bike falling over once recently. no signs of impacts or anything other than the crack.

pretty nice ride...full Record, ESs, Record/ Open Pro backups. she did a 600kilo ride a couple weeks ago. crazy.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
another? damn...bike whore.

way off topic....

how's Giant's warranty department? i was working on a TCR Advanced and found a crack/ crushed spot on the seat tube. customer swears up and down she doesn't know what happened, other than the bike falling over once recently. no signs of impacts or anything other than the crack.

pretty nice ride...full Record, ESs, Record/ Open Pro backups. she did a 600kilo ride a couple weeks ago. crazy.
They've always been good, but it sounds like she needs a crash replacement. Never used them for that. I am sure they are fine.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
That's actually just a pic. I'll post mine when I have new pedals. It has Xero XR-1 wheels on it though. I'll give the complete run down when I get a pic. It is the same frame on mine. It rides REALLY nice.