Quantcast

I should shower...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Oh, that... and I rode the Monarch Crest trail this past weekend, and it was the muddiest, funnest, mostest awesomest 30ish miles of mountain bike heaven that I have experienced in quite some time.

We started our ride pretty late, around noon, with the temps around 43* or so. I was the only one that "packed for the ride" bringing along my large Vaude pack; with two jackets, winter gloves, foot covers, fleece vest, tools, compass, the works. I've been on epic high country (the ride starts at 11,500' and climbs from there) rides in the past and like to be prepared for anything. The crew was clowning me for lugging a 35# pack up the hill on my 575, but I silenced them bny tellin' 'em that by the end of the day I would be the only person on the ride who was both dry and warm. I was right!

Over the next 30 miles we'd splash through countless mud puddles, wallow in sticky, muddy trail, ride downstream in a foot deep creek, bounce over hundreds of sharks fin rocks, roots, and other stuff. The views from Monarch are some of the best: looking out over the Continental Divide for miles around, above treeline. Well, the views were good when we weren't blocked in by fog. Fog? Wait a minute, those are freaking CLOUDS at this elevation! We got snowed on, sleeted on, rained on, and hailed on.

When we got back, we grilled flank steak and burgers over a huge fire, and drained a keg of Great Divide HotShot. A bottle of Crown was passed around a couple times, and we settled in to a mellow groove with the evening's festivities.

Not a bad bachelor party, all in all. Did I mention that? Yeah... this was all for a good friends upcoming nuptuals. A welcome change from the usual strippers, booze, and debauchery, I must say. Good friends, great trails, tasty beer.

:)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I went 72 hours this weekend without a shower, although I went swimming once.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
This thread sucks without pictures...and I'm not talkin about the party! :brows:

Ha...just kidding...where are the pictures from the party? :cheers: :cupidarrow:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I don't take no dayum camera with me on trips... this is my life day in and day out. I don't need to remember it - I live it. See any of my "F work in the A, I'm going riding" threads.

Beyatches.

Of course, SkaredShtls knws the truth when I bagged on him for a ride because of too much work one week but still... no camera...

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
I don't take no dayum camera with me on trips... this is my life day in and day out. I don't need to remember it - I live it. See any of my "F work in the A, I'm going riding" threads.

Beyatches.

Of course, SkaredShtls knws the truth when I bagged on him for a ride because of too much work one week but still... no camera...

D*MN!!! You DO need to take a shower...and rinse off some of that attitude!!! :brow:

Mar 9, 2006
behind you !!! ARRRR...

Beyatches.

Yeah, F it in the A. Bitches.....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
72 freakin hours holy sh!t did you spend the weekend in the middle of Alaska??.I bet you did not get to many babes this weekend huh...
It's okay... many babes want to be carnal with sanjuro. Perhaps it is because he is such a premium dancer?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Beyatches.

Dude. You owe me a Titan. You can pay me next week at White Ranch. :happydance: