Quantcast

I smoked cigarettes for almost 14 years.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Congrats!

I have another year before I hit 10. I quit the day I closed on my first house because I couldn't afford both.

I still puff the occasional cigar, but that's like 3 a year maybe. I still have 2 of the 4 my wife rolled me in Costa Rica last year.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Congrats, that's awesome!!!!!

Believe it or not, I have never smoked a cigarette.
Same here. And I smoked my first and only cigar when my brother got engaged in August. I didn't even have a cigar when I got engaged.

And congrats to you for quitting! And for fighting the GOOD fight!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I quit in March last year. its nice being able to breath deep, not have stinky clothes and more cash in the wallet.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Congrats H8R. My dad quit about 7-8 years ago and it's probably one of the best things he's ever done for himself. I'm glad to say I've never once smoked myself.

MTBracer

Monkey
Nov 19, 2007
Massachusetts
Smoking is so nasty. Never had one and don't plan on it. Not to mention my family would kill me. My brother picked it up in the army and when he came back from boot camp my Mom kicked him out of the house until he swore he'd never light one up again. Did I mention it was winter time? He never smoked again as far as I know.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
My wife just hit 10 years smoke free recently. Congrats H8R! It's a very difficult habit to kick. Truely man, well done! :thumb:

And congrats to all of you who have also quit. Hats off to ya!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I smoked from 12 until 23, and also quit cold turkey and never had one since. I was so sick from a party I spent 3 days as the living dead, and without smokes. I'm 38 now.

When I felt well enough to leave the house I realized that was the first time I'd gone 3 days without a cigarette since I started, so I figured quiting then made good sense.

H8R: how is it that you remember the date? There must be some other significance to today aside from your story.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I can't stop eating cheese-its. I can't imagine how hard tobacco would be.
I just replaced cigarettes with Cheez-its in my addiction que:busted:

Quitting is pretty easy when you are sick. I got a really bad cold and felt like death, I just kept on not smoking after that. The tough part was drinking....not having a smoke with my beer was tough, so I didn't drink either for a month

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
I quit after sometime around August of '03. Same deal...just cold turkey. I didn't give up any of the things that went "with" the smokes, like coffee, food, sex. Just got lucky and gave up the cigarettes.

This is a pretty good link to what it costs to smoke...
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insurance/InsureYourHealth/HighCostOfSmoking.aspx

Quitting smoking made it possible for me to buy expensive bicycles.
I know I feel a whole lot better, never really gained a pound and when I have some assorted extra cash in my pocket...it seems to stay there for a while.

Nice work to all you quitters..

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
My buddy and I used to call them Power Cigs.

We'd be on a ride and someone would pull out a power bar at a stop on the trail. We'd both joke about bringing cigarettes. People would laugh as if we were kidding.

Then we'd beat everyone to the top of the climb and sit there smoking Marlboros. Oh the looks on people's faces as they crested the hill..

Yes, it was stupid.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

We'd be on a ride and someone would pull out a power bar at a stop on the trail. We'd both joke about bringing cigarettes. People would laugh as if we were kidding.

Then we'd beat everyone to the top of the climb and sit there smoking Marlboros. Oh the looks on people's faces as they crested the hill..

Yes, it was stupid.
Are you sure those weren't cocaine laced filterless Camels???

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I can't stop eating cheese-its. I can't imagine how hard tobacco would be.
Maybe this will help.

As a 3rd grade science experiment I took two mice and fed one "mouse" food, and the other nothing but Cheese-its. The one with the ch-its started to lose its fur, eyes sunk in, black splotches... It died the day after the presentation.

Needless to say, they stopped alowing kids to use animals after that.
This was back in about 1981 or so before everyone was so "PC".
(i'm gonna get flamed big time for this one... I can see it coming)

This kida reminds me of that smoking ad where they show the mouse drinking nicotine water next to the dude puffing away... jsut to tie this back to the thread topic. ;)

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.

Yes, it was stupid.
Haha... I do that on occasion.
:imstupid: American Spirits though cuz they dont have all the additives. (Its like shooting yourself with a small handgun instead of an uzi.) :crazy:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Maybe this will help.

As a 3rd grade science experiment I took two mice and fed one "mouse" food, and the other nothing but Cheese-its. The one with the ch-its started to lose its fur, eyes sunk in, black splotches... It died the day after the presentation.

Needless to say, they stopped alowing kids to use animals after that.
This was back in about 1981 or so before everyone was so "PC".
(i'm gonna get flamed big time for this one... I can see it coming)

This kida reminds me of that smoking ad where they show the mouse drinking nicotine water next to the dude puffing away... jsut to tie this back to the thread topic. ;)

I don't eat them exclusively. Just a small handful when I need a little food but not a meal. I usually have an orange or banana but the Cheese-its break up the monotony.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
congrats h8r! i never smoked...well, i unrolled a blackcat firecracker, dumped out the powder, stuffed it with dead oak leaves, rolled it back up and lit up....that was enough to make me never inhale anything on fire again :dead: