Quantcast

I-Spec and Shiftmix compatibility

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I've been running a Shimano 10 speed setup with a Zee shifter on my DH bike with Magura brakes. I picked up the ridiculously priced Magura Shiftmix clamp to theoretically allow for mounting of an I-Spec shifter to the lever, as I've never been able to get the bar mounted shifter into a comfortable position.

From what I gather, the Zee shifter seems to have a non-removable bar clamp. From this https://www.mtbr.com/threads/magura-shiftmix-i-spec-ii-adapter-to-shimano-slx.1138231/, it looks like there are different varieties of I-Spec II shifters.

So, will any 10 speed XT/XTR shifter work, assuming that I can find one? Or do I need a particular version?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
This integrated shit seemed kinda cool back 5 years ago...but fuck that noise, just give me clamps so I don't have to worry about the 5th new Shimano standard mating up with the 4th SRAMgura or whatever.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
This integrated shit seemed kinda cool back 5 years ago...but fuck that noise, just give me clamps so I don't have to worry about the 5th new Shimano standard mating up with the 4th SRAMgura or whatever.
I'm with you. The shifter position just doesn't work for me at all on that bike so I figured I'd try the integrated clamp nonsense.