Quantcast

i spent over 24 hrs for mt. biking this weekend...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
and wound up riding only around 3 hours of it....

Was 15 mins late for a ride so i drove 30 miles for nothing, then drove another 40 miles or so and waited for a few hours for Snacks, Trailhacker, and Oly to show for a killer shuttle ride they had scheduled.

But little did i know somewhere on that trail i would lose a pivot bolt on my enduro.....

Found that after carpooling out over 100 miles to another trail by Leavenworth the next day...... So i watched as 12 others took off for 7 hours on a big alpine ride.

So instead of sittin on the back of this guys truck spankin it; i went for a big hike instead.... crazy weekend.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Thanks you guys. You know hiking sucks especially when it's forced on you. But having a camera totally made it worth it. It was funny those butterflies were ALL OVER the place and i was trying to photograph one for hours, failing horribly. They were not cooperating at all. Anways i pulled up for this shot, and one landed on that wildflower, maybe this one felt sorry for me after all that time. :p

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Skookum said:
You know hiking sucks especially when it's forced on you. But having a camera totally made it worth it. It was funny those butterflies were ALL OVER the place and i was trying to photograph one for hours, failing horribly. They were not cooperating at all. Anways i pulled up for this shot, and one landed on that wildflower, maybe this one felt sorry for me after all that time. :p

Some of my best hikes have been failed rides. Cameras work better when afforded the time it takes to operate them. I hike as much as I ride lately. That is fine by me....