Quantcast

I spy 2011...SRAM

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
That Vivid air has the air can oriented so that the shock should work well, like a coil, but won't be easy to service like a Fox style setup.
in the Vital piece on the Vivid air, Boobar says lots of the spawnsered riders will be starting off the WC season on the vivid air. that's a pretty big claim to be making, caus' if those riders don't keep them on their bikes, it will be a pretty clear indication of how they feel the shock works. And as we know, what the pros ride is what we have to ride! :weee:

still, I'm curious to know how they will work out. Also curious, Leprechaun, why you say the orientation of the air spring makes a difference in the performance of an air shock?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i see the new Sram derailluers have the cable routing back how they have been in the past.
they thankfully dropped the cable routing that went through the middle of the mech.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Right, so SRAM did a ton of market research over the last couple of years, and found out that "Families" do indeed sell better with customers. People understand x7 x9 x0, or sx, xt, xtr etc.

So starting this year product (including cranks, brakes etc) will all fall under one family each. It's sort of like setting performance/price levels. You know X0 will cost a fortune and be a bit light, that x9 will be a workhorse for less money etc.

Seems like a good idea to me so far. The new stuff looks really nice, we got to check it out at the beach party where those photos were taken. It's good stuff.