Quantcast

i stick my tounge out...

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
When I hit hips.

After getting my trails plowed in early August. I kindof gave up on dirt jumping. However Just yesterday I decided to give it another chance. I started digging again.

The first jump is a 4' step up/90 degree hip. Its alot of fun and its gunna help me learn 3's. :) You then will have the option of 2 lines of doubles. I only started one so far...digging alone doesent get much done.
i <3 vert lips.

Me hitting the hip- my hair looks goofy.

The hip.

The view from behind the hip landing.

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
me go both ways...hehehe:) !

awsome jumps man i wish the ground was like that here in rocky bonney lake washington not to mention all of the up's and down's. looking forwerd to seeing those line's geting finished...post some more pics as you progress

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
dirtjumpP.1 said:
helmet??? and your not gonna be doing 3s, you'll be doing 270s... errrr i suppose 450s.
What is it with mountain bikers and helmets? The dirt is soft the gap is small.... Get over it guy!

Helmets are good for DH and situations where you might actually hurt yourself if you land on your head.

For some reason people on ridemonkey seem to think you should put a lid on anytime you get within ten feet of a bike.

Where I live 12 year old girls ride down the street with no helmets on beach crusiers, with flip flops on. They don't ever get hurt, and the traffic they deal with is ten times more dangerous then that hip.

seriously, nut up man!

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
dirtjumpP.1 said:
helmet??? and your not gonna be doing 3s, you'll be doing 270s... errrr i suppose 450s.
Thats not big enough for a helmet. And yes it will be a 270. But it will help me learn 3's... (Meaning once i re learn a 270 i can just step it up that extra 90 degrees.

The next jump is done. :) Waist high, 12 foot gap, almost vert with a 7' wide landing... YAY.

Oh and its weird. I table that way but whip the other...so i can hit anyhip... just different style on each.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Red Bull said:
Thats not big enough for a helmet. And yes it will be a 270. But it will help me learn 3's... (Meaning once i re learn a 270 i can just step it up that extra 90 degrees.

The next jump is done. :) Waist high, 12 foot gap, almost vert with a 7' wide landing... YAY.

Oh and its weird. I table that way but whip the other...so i can hit anyhip... just different style on each.

by the way, thats a nice hip, it will be perfect for 270's. Those woods look PRIME trail building! I've always wanted a place like that to build my own trails. I'm a little jelous.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
dunno how old some of you are,, but in my years of riding, ive hit my head plenty of times just doing dome sh1t. ive learned my lesson. now i throw on a lid when i hit the streets.. med bills get expsensive...

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
A little bit of an update. Ill have pics of the second jump up later.
East Coast Bender From MTBR.Com said:
heressssss Will!

Will going big and almost perfectly flat

...will hitting a tree and then crying about it to his mom

same as the first except not as flat and not as good of a camera angle