Quantcast

I swear, people will steal anything...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Little off topic, but I want to take one of our Donation bikes we have, and clean it up nice and pretty, make a couple select cuts in the frame IE Downtube to shell weld, toptube to seat tube weld Etc. Keeping the cuts very thing and mostly hidden, and also not cutting quite all the way through. Goal would be to leave just enough strength to the bike for me to roll up to a coffee shop, park it outside unlocked and sit down and wait. That way when a bike theif grabs it, I can Yell at him making him take off at a hi rate of speed, and well....... you get the idea from there. What can i say, I dislike theives.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
Little off topic, but I want to take one of our Donation bikes we have, and clean it up nice and pretty, make a couple select cuts in the frame IE Downtube to shell weld, toptube to seat tube weld Etc. Keeping the cuts very thing and mostly hidden, and also not cutting quite all the way through. Goal would be to leave just enough strength to the bike for me to roll up to a coffee shop, park it outside unlocked and sit down and wait. That way when a bike theif grabs it, I can Yell at him making him take off at a hi rate of speed, and well....... you get the idea from there. What can i say, I dislike theives.
Do it, a lot.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
That'd be awesome. Kinda like the time I saw a dude grab a messengers' fixie. He took off, started looking for the brakes as there was traffic crossing in front of him, stopped pedalling, *BOOM*, faceplant into paths of cars....everyone stops. Messenger comes out of building, hears honking, doesn't see his bike, calmly walks over to intersection, picks up bike, kicks dude (who is still on the ground grabbing his face...) in ribs, rides off.

It was freakin' awesome. I laughed for days thinking about that....heh...gives me a chuckle even now...

JoeRay

Monkey
Feb 19, 2004
In Squalor
I assume they died?
Surprisingly, not as often as you would think. But still, cutting cable out of a 33kV transformer. No matter what way you look at it is a 'pucker tight' moment as you apply the cable cutters.

The state power utility estimates that the theft is worth over $5 million for the last year. That's not including the flow on effects of not having power.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Surprisingly, not as often as you would think. But still, cutting cable out of a 33kV transformer. No matter what way you look at it is a 'pucker tight' moment as you apply the cable cutters.

The state power utility estimates that the theft is worth over $5 million for the last year. That's not including the flow on effects of not having power.
They need to redesign the transformers so they have a 100% kill rate. :monkey:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
That'd be awesome. Kinda like the time I saw a dude grab a messengers' fixie. He took off, started looking for the brakes as there was traffic crossing in front of him, stopped pedalling, *BOOM*, faceplant into paths of cars....everyone stops. Messenger comes out of building, hears honking, doesn't see his bike, calmly walks over to intersection, picks up bike, kicks dude (who is still on the ground grabbing his face...) in ribs, rides off.

It was freakin' awesome. I laughed for days thinking about that....heh...gives me a chuckle even now...
this is great... hehe :)