Quantcast

I think I blew it....

onelove1240

Chimp
Mar 12, 2008
Park City,UT
so here is the deal, I was riding yesterday long story short I sent this drop a little to big and my FOX 40 R. I bottomed out pretty hard. stopped to check it out , there is some oil around the seals but if you push down on the fork and pull the wheel off the ground it just shoots back and tops out pretty hard.. so the question I am asking how F'd am I , do I need a new fork, can it be fixed, ect.... hopefully someone can help me out thanks...

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
You popped the bladder off on the bottom of the cart.
You can fix this for almost nothing. You just need oil, and the right wrenchs.
Fox has detailed instructions on thier website on how to do it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
sounds like your damper cartridge is blown, it's an easy fix. Contact your local Fox dealer - or there are how-to's floating around the 'net if you are mechanically inclined (but you'll need to order a few small parts from Fox).

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Might be more than just the bladder. I completely snapped the damper on my 06 Fox 40 R 3 times from harsh bottom outs. The rod that comes out the bottom of the fork leg, had completely broken apart from the damper where it attaches on the other side of the bladder. If this happened, Fox can replace just the lower part of the damper. Be sure to ask about this, cause the 1st two times it happened I wasn't aware of it, and paid for a whole new damper.

Pull the cartridge out of the fork, and you'll know if its broken, or just the bladder issue. If you can pull the cartridge out without removing the nut at the bottom of the fork, its broken.

This is also what convinced me to buy a Boxxer.

onelove1240

Chimp
Mar 12, 2008
Park City,UT
Might be more than just the bladder. I completely snapped the damper on my 06 Fox 40 R 3 times from harsh bottom outs. The rod that comes out the bottom of the fork leg, had completely broken apart from the damper where it attaches on the other side of the bladder. If this happened, Fox can replace just the lower part of the damper. Be sure to ask about this, cause the 1st two times it happened I wasn't aware of it, and paid for a whole new damper.

Pull the cartridge out of the fork, and you'll know if its broken, or just the bladder issue. If you can pull the cartridge out without removing the nut at the bottom of the fork, its broken.

This is also what convinced me to buy a Boxxer.
I have thought about it. I'm going to take my fork into a local shop and see what my friend has to say about it hopefully it's not taxed. but thanks again everyone I don't know to much when it comes to suspension