Quantcast

I think I like PayPal...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
johnbryanpeters said:
Not that I am aware, and I believe that I can transfer direct to my credit card or bank account. I have not explored it fully.
well keep investigating, gumshoe, and report back.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Wow..that's huge. Interest is one of the main reasons I never keep money in my PayPal account...why keep it there when you can earn interest in a bank, and transfer instantly. This changes a lot.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have been using it and it doesn't seem to cost to transfer out funds. it is a nice feature for sure.

They might be charging me and I don't notice because I keep so little in there.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Ridemonkey said:
Nope....I wonder if it's US accounts only...if so I'm going to break something...
You guys get a can of Penguin Be Gone for opening an account.

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
I remember them sending me an email about something to this effect...I never really looked into it, but I think there was some fine print stating that its not FDIC insured or only insured to a certain amount.

I mean, I dont think paypal is going anywhere...but if that is true it would be something to think about if you are putting larger balances in that account.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
h22ekhatch said:
I never really looked into it, but I think there was some fine print stating that its not FDIC insured or only insured to a certain amount.
QUOTE]

i wouldnt trust my money to an institution that is not FDIC...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I've had my account since PayPal was x.com (1996?), the first online only bank. It was sweet, but I hardly ever used it. Then one day my checking acount becasme a PayPal account.

I don't keep more than a couple hundred in there if anything, but it's my "fun money" since the wife isn't on it.