Quantcast

I think I lost a lung last night

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Did my first short track race, missed my start time with the Women's B group and had to start with the Women's A.....thought I was going to die. :help: Those pro XC chicks are fast....waaaaaaay fast.

I was cursing my bf every lap, he was the one who convinced me to go because it would help with sprinting in DH. My throat still hurts today from breathing so heavy. 30 minutes of complete and utter torture....I'll be there next week coughing up my other lung :rolleyes:

It's kinda cool, they have a short track series in Boulder every Wednesday night and they change the course every time. Kinda makes me want to try cyclocross in the winter....

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Good job? I dunno....at least I finished and I finished mid pack. I can see where it's beneficial but gawd it's soooo hard.

I now know why I stopped racing XC....it's hard work :rolleyes:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
isn't it funny how when you're out that hacking up a lung and wanting to puke, you think, "sh!t, I'll never do this again!!" And then you get done and you're chompin' at the bit to do it all again.

zoey

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
california
XC is hard. And the thing that sucks about it is to train for xc you have to spend way too much time on your road bike. :P

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I thought about you this morning. I was riding and purposely trying to kick my own ass and I swear I felt my lungs flapping I was breathing so hard.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
laura said:
I thought about you this morning. I was riding and purposely trying to kick my own ass and I swear I felt my lungs flapping I was breathing so hard.
Nice!:thumb:

Anyone ever have their lungs burning from the thrill of going downhill so fast you can't breath? That is my favorite feeling:heart:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Snacks said:
Nice!:thumb:

Anyone ever have their lungs burning from the thrill of going downhill so fast you can't breath? That is my favorite feeling:heart:

I've had that feeling before but its generally caused by me hyperventilating out of fear. :o:

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
There's another race tonight but I think I'm just going to watch my bf. I can't justify spending $12 to race after spending a bunch this past race weekend. Plus it's going to be 100 degree's out and I'd loose alot more than a lung tonight.