Quantcast

I think I might have to order one of these frames.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
is this more than another taiwanese catalog frame?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Toshi said:
is this more than another taiwanese catalog frame?
I think they're made in either the US or Canada...they're a fairly small company and haven't been around all that long. Definitely make high quality stuff though. My 04 Titan is nice and holds up fine under my 210# butt with it being fully rigid and me sucking. :p

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
COmtbiker12 said:
I think they're made in either the US or Canada...they're a fairly small company and haven't been around all that long. Definitely make high quality stuff though. My 04 Titan is nice and holds up fine under my 210# butt with it being fully rigid and me sucking. :p
that would be nice if it were true, but what are you basing this on? they have no website as far as i can tell, and there certainly are a million hardtail designs in the taiwanese books as we've seen posted here...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
soul cycles makes good stuff man. i miss my titan and will building a new one when i am employed again.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
the Inbred said:
why? ISCG is gonna be out by '06, anyway.
Yeah, why would anyone want mounting tabs anyway? You really want something like a chainguide attached to your frame? Why wouldn't you want the guide to rotate when you hit it - yes, you'll need to readjust it, but it saves you from damaging your thousand+ dollar frame...

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Curb Hucker said:
nope, but the benefit is when you buy one they will sponsor you and give you access to wholesale prices on tons of parts, which makes it hard for me to sell stuff :mumble:
Sponsorship is not automatic...

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Curb Hucker said:
nope, but the benefit is when you buy one they will sponsor you and give you access to wholesale prices on tons of parts, which makes it hard for me to sell stuff :mumble:

Boo-Friken-hoo. The reason your stuff doesn't sell is that it's too expensive.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Curb Hucker said:
a month or so ago I had lots of used parts listed on MTBR and Pinkbike. I got several emails saying " sell it to me for nothing because i can get it from soul cycles at cost new"
I hate when people do that. Someone made an offer for my AC frame a little while ago, and theyre like "well, supergo has it for suchandsuch price, I should be able to get it cheaper than that from you"

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Understandable. Soul Cycles was kind of handing out sponsorships at first. Now i think it is a tad harder but still pretty open to get into. I do understand what you are saying as i know a few people who personally don't like how soul cycles sells their frames and such because it gets rid of the LBS.