Quantcast

I think I need new shoes

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
After at least 6 seasons, my $40 Answer Accelerators are on their last legs. I wanted to go for a ride this afternoon, and noticed my left cleat was loose, only problem was I couldn't tighten the cleat any more. It had just worn the sole so far down, that it couldn't stay put. So, I looked around and noticed a soda can on my desk, and hacked it up to make some temporary shims to take up the slack. And the top strap tore in half 4 years ago, so I just duct taped it back together, and it's stayed like that ever since.

Shims:

Cleat in place:

Ghetto strap:

The cleat held up fine for the ride, however I doubt it'll last much longer. I'm just hoping that the cleat will hold until I get paid on Thursday.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
those shoes rock! i still have mine and they are at about the same age as yours. they are just too tight of a fit in the toes; i've been considering soaking them in some wawa then cramming like some wood or something in it to try and stretch it some.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Nice... I had some Lakes that looked similar. No shims, but they had duct tape galore keeping the straps on, trying to keep the leather of the toes attached to the rigis sole, etc, etc. I have 2 pair now but one of them is a pair of Time Snakes... they look awful but still work great.