Quantcast

I think I should revoke my rommates kitchen privledges........

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
So I came home yesterday from Price club, walked into my dark apartment with two cardboard boxes on top of each other, and set them down on the stovetop where I usually do, because we have a really small kitchen and thats the only place we have space to put down Price Club boxes.

now, remember, its dark, and I'm carrying two boxes so I cant really see where I'm going. I set the boxes down, and about 10 seconds later, somthing started to smell like burning. It was my bottom box, it was on fire because he left the damn GAS stove on!

So today, I come in as he is leaving, dropped off my stuff, and went across the hall to my Girlfriends'. I stayed over there until she had to go to work (about 20 minutes) and came back over to my place. It smelled like cookies, I figured he had made some before he ran out, so then i go into the kitchen to get some water, and it was really hot. I thought "silly rommate, he left the oven on" well, not only did he leave the oven on, but he left the cookies IN the oven! WTF?!? Thats a waste of perfectly good cookies!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
I'd find out what his childhood was like, being in the navy I've had to live with a lot of people that have never had any sort of kitchen responsibilities. These kind of things aren't totally abnormal. I think a burner gets left on accidentally about once a month in my house, and there are 4 guys in my house. Make sure you talk to your roomie first. Probably the most important thing for roommates (or any relationship) to do is communicate. If you don't tell him something is messed up then you need to assume that he doesn't know. If just talking to him doesn't work, then maybe you should start a yellow sticky program. Just put yellow stickies where he'll see them and remember to shut off the stove. Just my 2 cents.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
BigMike said:
But he pays half the rent...........
not when you don't have anywhere to live because he torched the place.

I have left things on before (maybe 3 times within the past 10 years)...

so, when I leave the stove I touch EVERY control to make sure that they are off.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
Hmmm...maybe I will bake some cookies soon...anyone have a good non cinnamon-y oatmeal cookie recipe? I HATE raisins so I would put chocolate chips in.
Yeah - find a good chocolate chip cookie recipe and cut out some of the flour and replace it with oatmeal........... :p

-S.S.-

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I remember we used to piss off one of our roomates by burning all the ends of the butter knifes, and bending all the stoves burner coils up..... Oh and another time we destroyed a can opener trying to cut whippet cartridges apart to make a pipe..... thems were the good ole days.