Quantcast

i think im going sram help me out

laxincubus311

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
East cost
i want the trigger shift cause i hate grip shift, what combo should i go with mostly for racing DH and freeride, also will be running 8 speed

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by laxincubus311
i want the trigger shift cause i hate grip shift, what combo should i go with mostly for racing DH and freeride, also will be running 8 speed
X7 or x9 will be fine. Maybe the X9 is a tad lighter, but like shimano stuff, there isnt a clear line of performance that you cross when you move up one step. However, Ive never used an X.0, so i could be wrong, but you wouldnt want one of those for an FR, DH bike anyway.

I use X7 and it works all fine.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Originally posted by laxincubus311
Sram X.7 is 8/9 speed compatible. You can use that with an 8 speed cassette. As with BS I run X.7 as well.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I tried the SRAM triggers that are on my friends bike X.0. I'm going to switch up soon. I really liked the thumb only action and the shifting was very quick and precise. I don't really know yet what level I'm going to get so I guess I'll be watching this thread too. For my DH bike it'll probably be a slightly lesser level like X.9 due to the cheaper rear mech.

Mike