Quantcast

***I think it's a Saturday GMT?***

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Got a start date for my new contract gig yesterday... I start on June 15th. Happy and sad about this... a good friend of mine was just let go from his oil & gas engineering job and he was a-fixin' to take the summer off. Shenanigans I say!

Great ride yesterday, followed by a pile of beers and hand planing a big chunk of persimmon to make a desktop shelf out of. The top is mostly planed/flat, doing a test fit with my office plants this morning...

IMG_May302020at70714AM-1.jpg

IMG_May302020at70648AM-2.jpg

I bought these hairpin style legs for it, should be pretty neat when it's done:

No idea what's on tap for me today... Groundhogging? Helping frame in the walls in our new race car shop? FInishing the shelf? Building a small stand for a box fan for our bedroom? The house is my oyster!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

No idea what's on tap for me today... Groundhogging? Helping frame in the walls in our new race car shop? FInishing the shelf? Building a small stand for a box fan for our bedroom? The house is my oyster!
Similar to the legs on our tv stand - approved.

Hoping to get out on the modern velocipede today before the t-storms start this afternoon.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey monkeys. <3

I'll be tagging along with Wife and Friend on their multiple-hours road ride this afternoon. Sitting here right now downing a couple of oatmeal packets. Wife also prepped a lasagna last night, so I am looking forward to tearing into that tonight.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
recovered from my bonk by making a ridiculous burger with the most stank, delicious blue cheese for last night's dinner. :drool:

today is figure out what's wrong with my droopy pole (twss) and hope for rain tonight and an early start tomorrow.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Currently watching sesame street with Hannah on our new, free 70" TV. Wifey's sales center relocated and they didn't need it anymore, so she claimed it. It has a bit of a blueish hie that I need to figure out how to reduce, but it was free.
15908485596362883082962643828911.jpg

Get to finish staining the playground set today. Also recently discovered that we have a mouse problem, likely from Haley hiding snacks in her closet for when her friend's come over. So I get to go room by room, floor by floor cleaning up mouse poop and setting traps. At least the house will be getting a deep clean out of it...

Probably not riding bikes this weekend.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Most tvs and computer monitors can easily be adjusted

Or maybe there was a reason it was free
Yeah. They have a touchscreen in the new sales center and she's the director of sales. Being top of the food chain has advantages.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo!

Fishing this morning was rewarded with a largemouth that I promptly returned to the water for another day.

Gonna walk the dogs, then have back to back virtual wedding/baby showers. I desire no part of this.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Got a start date for my new contract gig yesterday... I start on June 15th. Happy and sad about this... a good friend of mine was just let go from his oil & gas engineering job and he was a-fixin' to take the summer off. Shenanigans I say!

Great ride yesterday, followed by a pile of beers and hand planing a big chunk of persimmon to make a desktop shelf out of. The top is mostly planed/flat, doing a test fit with my office plants this morning...

View attachment 145830

View attachment 145829

I was about to suggest cinder block but it looks like you have it under control.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Got up at 5:30 and drove about an hour with wifey to see Grizzly 399 with four cubs. She is amazing, 24 years old. We got skunked, but ran into some friends.
cuteness overload not achieved today.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hello monkeys. Nothing needs doing today and I don't feel like I have missed anything so, as long as I keep my mouth shut, I should be fine. Its a recovery weekend for me, 20 to 30 miles over 2 days on the hardtail at the easiest of easy pace. Will reward myself with a trail ride on Monday.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Installing a zip line using a tree which apparently has ground bees living at the bottom is probably the closest I'll ever get to being on Most Extreme Challenge

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
1) Modern velocipede makes it sound like 6thElement has finally gotten an e-bike!

2) I shall be checking the no context thread, but someone has surely stuck (folded?) Nick’s droopy pole in there somehow.

3) Mountain Lion and Snowshoe Hare this morning. A million hikers out! But all good interactions and a good time nonetheless.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
1) Modern velocipede makes it sound like 6thElement has finally gotten an e-bike!

2) I shall be checking the no context thread, but someone has surely stuck (folded?) Nick’s droopy pole in there somehow.

3) Mountain Lion and Snowshoe Hare this morning. A million hikers out! But all good interactions and a good time nonetheless.
We’ll let you handle @Nick’s droopy pole.

:rimshot:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Put new tires on the pump track bike. Test ride on the local track was of course required. :D

PT_RK.jpg