Quantcast

I think my lizard is dead.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
Burly bought her for me and usually feeds and takes care of her. He went out of town early yesterday morning and she hasn't moved from the spot she was in. She didn't eat yesterday and after she didn't move today or eat I tried to move her and she just stayed still. When I touched her face she moved a little bit but then hasn't moved since then. She usually moves to the light to warm up and runs around everyday.

He will be back tomorrow and this sure will make me look responsible. He leaves for a few days and I can't keep a lizard alive.

Luckily our dog sanchez is still alive...I think. :think:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Pretend nothing happened. Do not try hiding it in a shoebox in the closet and forget about it. He will invariably be the one to find and the terror of that will scar his fragile mind.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
kizzi77 said:
SWEET....it's a plan ;)
Better not since it might have some funky lizard flu that'll kill the dog too. Just kick your door down, throw crap all over the floor, and say the lizard gestapo confiscated it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Skookum said:
Better not since it might have some funky lizard flu that'll kill the dog too. Just kick your door down, throw crap all over the floor, and say the lizard gestapo confiscated it.
Your plans are so good and mine sucked. How did you learn to plan so well??

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
kizzi77 said:
Burly bought her for me and usually feeds and takes care of her. He went out of town early yesterday morning and she hasn't moved from the spot she was in. She didn't eat yesterday and after she didn't move today or eat I tried to move her and she just stayed still. When I touched her face she moved a little bit but then hasn't moved since then. She usually moves to the light to warm up and runs around everyday.

He will be back tomorrow and this sure will make me look responsible. He leaves for a few days and I can't keep a lizard alive.

Luckily our dog sanchez is still alive...I think. :think:
Lizards (and reptiles in general) are great at playing dead. We've almost buried my turtle several times. Is the temp. okay? Usually that's the reason for their extreme sleepiness.

If you're still concerned, there's a great reptile forum at kingsnake.com

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
maxyedor said:
Wait what if BS reads this thread, then the plan fails.
Oh, I'll just starting talking about something really gross and offensive so that the thread gets deleted before he returns home :evil:

J

JRB

maxyedor said:
Like petting your lizard?
Burly petting his lizard is gross. Wait...Kizzi has a lizard??? That is gross. It's not surprising that Burly has a chick with a lizard, but it's still gross. I am totally off of wanting the pics. :help: