I think SOME of us may be in trouble...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
City temp a regular on online forums

'Sassy Sarah' posted on Web 6,622 times
By TOM TROY

City of Toledo officials say Scott Leo got his engineering work done on time, so they paid little attention to exactly what he was doing on the computer.

Mr. Leo, operating with an Internet identity he called "Sassy Sarah," was using his city computer to access an online discussion group hosted by sportswrath.com - apparently hundreds of times a day.

Sassy Sarah's frequent appearance in online discussions during work hours was brought to city officials' attention Dec. 27 by a citizen who said he was irritated by the apparent misuse of taxpayers' computers and work time.

Linky

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
Which is more of a waste of taxpayers money

This dude using his computer to do something everyone with an intraweb account does

or

Taking the time to track said dude down?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Echo said:
Who doesn't access this forum from work? :confused:
What do you mean?

Are you implying that some of you guys post on company time? Like, not during lunch or on scheduled breaks?

:D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
personally I think all people who waste company time surfing the net while on the clock should be floggged but that's just me :D

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
well, im at work right now, but our safety training says that we have to take 15 mins off for every 2 hours of work.... plus a 15 min break in the morning, another 15 mins break in the afternoon, that gives me arround 2 hours of break time... which i dont use....

besides, when you are a salary person and not payed by our, its not really an issue... and im in mexico... jejejeje

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
A Toledo city employee slacking off - big surprise! about 15 years ago, the newspaper followed several around all day. They found 2 people who (for several days in a row) clocked in, drove the city truck home, and were home all day. (until they drove back to clock out.) One employee was canned, but the union employee kept her job!

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
Echo said:
Well maybe some of you heathens. Certainly not me.
We all know how dedicated you are to your work.

Given your meager post count, I'm sure that even a cursory search of this forum would reveal that you are an upstanding citizen even at work. :p

Marc