Quantcast

%%I% Thoisday %I%%

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
I actually accepted a new job in Denver a few years ago. Then realized I'd have to commute and have FA PTO, so I phoned them back a couple of days later and said thanks, no thanks.
Did the same recently. Accepted a new position somewhere else and put in my 2 weeks. My company realized that they couldn't find another Mr. McDougal, so they made me an offer to stay. I decided that the devil I knew (that was now offering me more money) was better than the devil I didn't know. Then I had a very awkward exchange with the company whose offer I had accepted.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Did the same recently. Accepted a new position somewhere else and put in my 2 weeks. My company realized that they couldn't find another Mr. McDougal, so they made me an offer to stay. I decided that the devil I knew (that was now offering me more money) was better than the devil I didn't know. Then I had a very awkward exchange with the company whose offer I had accepted.
Statistically speaking, this usually doesn't work out because it's likely more than just money that made you consider moving. But maybe not and if it works, awesome.

I left for more money for a job that ended up sucking and came back for more money than before 6 months later. Most folks were cool but this one bitch never liked that they took me back and made shit awkward. Ended up leaving a year later because it was way awkward with her on my team.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Statistically speaking, this usually doesn't work out because it's likely more than just money that made you consider moving. But maybe not and if it works, awesome.
Yeah, I know. They're also building me out a new private office right now, so that definitely helps... But the kicker: They told me that if I have too much on my plate, to send it back up to ownership and they would figure it out. I'm a glutton for punishment though, so we'll see how that goes. If I get too stressed at this point, it's my own damn fault.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the guy who found my phone on the side of the road yesterday saw fit to test the camera....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Just did my first practice as a coach for the high school mountain bike team. Some fast kids on the team, it was a fun ride. Fun fact: there are more kids on the high school mountain bike team than the football team in my little town.