Quantcast

I thought Factory Honda

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
My biggest question is whether the bike sounding like it has a handfull of nuts and bolts loose in the monocoque is mandatory. You could hear those bikes coming from miles away at WVA. It sounded like they were going to start losing parts any moment.

Personally I like a quiet bike.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
SpasticJack said:
My biggest question is whether the bike sounding like it has a handfull of nuts and bolts loose in the monocoque is mandatory. You could hear those bikes coming from miles away at WVA. It sounded like they were going to start losing parts any moment.

Personally I like a quiet bike.
No problem! Just spray a little expandable foam in there and tada, all problems are solved :p

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
rockracing said:
hopefully you could get with some sort of honda finance plan....
:p

You know you're making an expensive bike when...

...they offer factory incentive rebates. :D

ssaddict

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
binary visions said:
:p

You know you're making an expensive bike when...

...they offer factory incentive rebates. :D
I'm just glad I'm not married, I don't have to explain to the wife why my new bike needs to be financed. :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
ssaddict said:
I'm just glad I'm not married, I don't have to explain to the wife why my new bike needs to be financed. :D
"Honey, I know we were talking about buying a house, but I really need to spend the entire down payment on my new DH rig..."

You know, guys looking to get their wife's approval could always say they want to buy a Honda for X thousand dollars; she doesn't have to know it's a downhill bike instead of a car or a motorcycle until it's too late...

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
Okay, maybe you all missed my post the last time this was brought up BUT

Honda had me fill out a questionere regarding what I thought of their DH bike, would I buy it, how much would I pay for it etc etc. They ARE doing market research and ARE considering bringing it to the market.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Secrecy- Am I the only one that saw the thread that said that the gearbox in it is patented, meaning that anybody can go on line and see the full specs on it?
Change the suspension and switch to a "convetional" g-box and you just knocked off about a gizzillion dollars off of what it would take to build that thing. At the races where I have seen it, it looked as though they were overhauling the fork, shock, and trani daily, if not more often. Def did not appear to be anywhere close to consummer level.

People have been questioning the durability of non-Rohloff hubs as g-boxes, but I don't think it will be a problem, if they decide to go that route. Once the stress of being the center of the wheel has been removed... who knows. Maybe Shimano will end up hooking Honda up with something new. Who knows.

Playing the groundless speculation game is fun!!!

Anybody else have a conspiracy theory they want to share???

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
neversummersnow said:
Okay, maybe you all missed my post the last time this was brought up BUT

Honda had me fill out a questionere regarding what I thought of their DH bike, would I buy it, how much would I pay for it etc etc. They ARE doing market research and ARE considering bringing it to the market.
I saw that at Durango, they were asking people after there DH runs. I wanted to fill one out but no one asked me. I felt so left out, now I won't even buy one if they come out.

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Seriously this bike is a work of art. It's just awesome looking. I would love to own this one... The yellow.... :heart:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
rockracing said:
surely they gonna start running out of non-drive side 2002 XTR crank arms ? ;)
Cripes! You're right... I can see the headlines:

Honda loses millions in R&D endeavor, declares bankruptcy. Cites crank arm shortage as the cause.

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Repack said:
Secrecy- Am I the only one that saw the thread that said that the gearbox in it is patented, meaning that anybody can go on line and see the full specs on it?
Change the suspension and switch to a "convetional" g-box and you just knocked off about a gizzillion dollars off of what it would take to build that thing. At the races where I have seen it, it looked as though they were overhauling the fork, shock, and trani daily, if not more often. Def did not appear to be anywhere close to consummer level.

People have been questioning the durability of non-Rohloff hubs as g-boxes, but I don't think it will be a problem, if they decide to go that route. Once the stress of being the center of the wheel has been removed... who knows. Maybe Shimano will end up hooking Honda up with something new. Who knows.

Playing the groundless speculation game is fun!!!

Anybody else have a conspiracy theory they want to share???
Bigfoots are really Neanderthals. ;)