Quantcast

I took a cool panoramic picture today

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
maxyedor said:
Bah digital takes all the fun out of pamoramics, try that with 120mm film. But seriously good work try to get a little more contrast and your there
:stupid:

Looks a bit washed out...

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
mtnbrider said:
I have a film rebel. I haven't heard of 120mm film. Thats sounds like you need a special camera? It sounds cool.
It's not 120mm film, just 120 format film. Equipment is pretty damn expensive unless you get a toy camera like a Holga, which is what I have. They take cool pictures. **Gallery is not mine** Cool thing is that you can expose the full width of 35mm film with just a little modification.

Click here for a tutorial:
http://www.iphotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6237

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Skookum said:
Where did it go?
Cool it's back up, good stuff. You oughta try getting that same shot in the morning when you have decent light.:)

i'll be up at Galby next Saturday, lemme know if you wanna ride.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
SilentJ said:
It's not 120mm film, just 120 format film. Equipment is pretty damn expensive unless you get a toy camera like a Holga, which is what I have. They take cool pictures. **Gallery is not mine** Cool thing is that you can expose the full width of 35mm film with just a little modification.

Click here for a tutorial:

http://www.iphotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6237
Those are cool! In my photo class at the city college, the teacher was telling me about them.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
mtnbrider said:
Those are cool! In my photo class at the city college, the teacher was telling me about them.
ya..they're so simple and shiddy. fixed shutter speed, fixed aperture (it says you can change it, but you can't), shiddy plastic lense, light leaks, the back can fall off, manual focus (without being able to view the focusing).

The lens on mine is a little too sharp, though...gonna have to take some sandpaper to the edges of it. :think::thumb:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
that is a great shot!!! what camera, and what tricks did you use? tell about your technique!:)

also as some others have said "the washed out look" could be taken care of by a uv filter or a polarized filter.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
brungeman said:
that is a great shot!!! what camera, and what tricks did you use? tell about your technique!:)

also as some others have said "the washed out look" could be taken care of by a uv filter or a polarized filter.
Is the washed out look because of the photo or could it be natural?

On high humidity days around here anything at distance looks washed out. Could a filter actually prevent this in a photo?

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I have a Nikon D50 and I have not yet bought a UV filter yet, but I am going to. I didnt do anything special, I just stood there and took five pictures in a row and when I got home I joined them together.
The lighting wasn't the best, the light was directly above me when I took the pictures at noon. I'd love to get a sunset from there, I have seen a few from that area and in the summer they are absolutely wonderful. :cool:
Skookum... PM coming your way.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Westy said:
Is the washed out look because of the photo or could it be natural?

On high humidity days around here anything at distance looks washed out. Could a filter actually prevent this in a photo?
The washed-out look is due to the quality of the light, exposure, and lack of post-processing.

Yes, a circular polarizer could eliminate a good deal of the haze cause by moisture in the air.