Now it's worse.

Thanks asshole. :D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stevew said:
Why may I ask?
Me or Bah?

I hate my job because it was once cool, now it's corporate jump-through-hoop bullsh*t.

And my 15-20 hours a week of commuting.

L

luelling

H8R said:
Me or Bah?

I hate my job because it was once cool, now it's corporate jump-through-hoop bullsh*t.

DAMN...thats 15-20 hours of riding down the tube. I purposely moved clsoe to my work to avoid that. Its about 7 minutes hard sprinting on my road bike....lots of time to ride other bikes

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Subconciously i must hate my hand, i've stabbed myself twice in as many months....

Anyways personally i don't want a helicopter.
i want a helicopter and pilot.
Pick my ass up and drop me off on the mountain, i'll meet you at such and such at so and so.
make sure you pick up some cold cuts and fresh fruit
i'll be hungry at the end of the ride.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
You guys don't want to work with helicopters. It's stressful and dangerous. I'll scan some pics of the one that crashed into the side of a building after I got out of it.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
BeerDemon said:
You guys don't want to work with helicopters. It's stressful and dangerous. I'll scan some pics of the one that crashed into the side of a building after I got out of it.
When i broke my leg at Mt. Hood...
i was remembering the chopper crashing on the mt. a few years prior.
(actually not really true i was really thinking of $$$)
But i'm sure that thought did cross my mind.
Needless to say i rode to Government Camp.:rofl:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
H8R said:
Me or Bah?

do you and I work at the same place ;)...D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
H8R said:
Me or Bah?

Both.

20 hours of commuting would suck the life out of me.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
the closest that i would ever want to be to working with helicopters is being a guide for a heli-skiing company. :drool: i would love a job like that.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BeerDemon said:
a friend of mine broke his leg and arm in a copter crash; it could have been quite worse...he was in it, doing some aerial photography, and apparently the pilot flew too close/hovered too long in the area of a smokestack...the lack of oxygen cut the engine and they dropped from the sky.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I used to loathe and hate and spite my job. I plotted the death of my boss many times. with a knife, no guns. just to make it more personal...

then I quit, got a new job and my commute takes me 12 minutes on my bike. sweeeeet.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
stevew said:
Both.

20 hours of commuting would suck the life out of me.
I was exaggerating a bit. I LOVE my job, I just wish once in a while I could tell helicopters what to do.

Sure it's probably a little more dangerous, but have you ever seen a stressed out bride and mom?:bomb:

I'll bet he gets nowhere near the free food and wedding cake that I do though:cool:

Sorry about your hand skookes!

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I worked with helicopters before I decided to do the bike thing full time. Main rotor blades absorbed most of my time but I did avionics as well - odd combo. Nowhere near as much fun as actually flying or taking pics of them. I'll have to see if I can get a copy of the .mpg on the old network server of a guy crashing one of the helicopters. He had no idea what he was doing, didn't have a rotary license but thought it would be the same as a plane. I think he got almost 6 feet off the ground before destroying the aircraft. Hilarious stuff since he wasn't hurt too bad.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Helicopters rule. I am doing a website for a guy who shoots aviation in europe for the big guns (boeing, airbus etc), it's pretty bad ass stuff.

A lot of his stuff is shot from other aircraft, it must be a fantastic job.

J

JRB

Transcend said:
Helicopters rule. I am doing a website for a guy who shoots aviation in europe for the big guns (boeing, airbus etc), it's pretty bad ass stuff.

A lot of his stuff is shot from other aircraft, it must be a fantastic job.
Wow - add in a bad ass web designer to a bad ass product and I'll be those pages will blow my computer up, they will be sooo cool. :D