Quantcast

I used to walk to work in three feet of snow.....

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Now that I am officially doing this, do I get to be one of those annoying old people. I really really really don't want to walk to work in the snow today.

But I am sucking it up, so save it.

ETA: work, not wotk. Coffee fingers type too fast.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Now that I am officially doing this, do I get to be one of those annoying old people.
hell yeah!

That's badass treking in 3' of snow. Is it really that deep? Do you have snowshoes? If not, you're going to be exhausted from post-holing.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I rather walk in it than drive in it any day. We need to get you some xc ski boots so you can ski to work.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
TN are you that disconnected form Laura that you have to post messages in her threads on ridemonkey rather than actually talking with her? :p

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
hell yeah!

That's badass treking in 3' of snow. Is it really that deep? Do you have snowshoes? If not, you're going to be exhausted from post-holing.
Nah, it's not that deep. We are supposed to get about 2 feet but its really warm so its melting down a little. I need snowshoes because I am going to be tired as **** by the time I get there.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When I lived in Michigan my father would drive the snowmobile to work. The snowmobile was regular transportation, he built a sled with a rollbar and windscreen he would tow all of us kids in. We used it as regular old transportation.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
TN are you that disconnected form Laura that you have to post messages in her threads on ridemonkey rather than actually talking with her? :p
Well, when I am rendering a project @ work (right now a big sweeps project I built in 3dsMAX so this puppy is going to take a while) I get on the internet. Since Laura spends a lot of time on the internet at home, we occasionally cross paths in cyberspace.

It is not like we are in the living room together chatting on IM. :disgust1:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Since it's Milwauekee, and you're walking to/from work, I gotta ask..

wait for it..

Do you ever do the Schlameel, Schlamal..Laverne and Shirley thing????

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Good on ya!

I walk from the bus stop to the office every morning and for the last 2 weeks, the hill has been icy. It's a little over a mile, but the hill is 3 blocks long and when it's icy, it's a challenge.

One thing I learned: There is no way to look cool when walking on ice.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Even on skates.

Good on ya!

I walk from the bus stop to the office every morning and for the last 2 weeks, the hill has been icy. It's a little over a mile, but the hill is 3 blocks long and when it's icy, it's a challenge.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It is not like we are in the living room together chatting on IM. :disgust1:
You say that like it's a bad thing.

When I hide with the laptop in the bedroom or garage, my wife will ping me from the desktop to see how I'm doing.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
You say that like it's a bad thing.

When I hide with the laptop in the bedroom or garage, my wife will ping me from the desktop to see how I'm doing.
Our house is 600 sq/ft. So there is not much hiding going on.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Good on ya!

Tuesday everything was frozen over. It usually takes me 7 minutes to get to work but I doubled that at least. And you are right, there is no way to look cool walking on ice.