Quantcast

I want a Downhill Wife.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
most of us lovely ladies are spoken for.

may i recommend finding someone who may not necessarily be into riding, but is cool and supportive of what you want to do?

always cool to have someone to shuttle and to take the pictures!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I watched my first wife go downhill. It wasn't pretty.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Why don't you shoot for a girl who rides? I met some very nice women (who were partnered up already, unfortunately), who rode but came out to support their dudes at a CX race.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
is this her?
No.

We divorced in 97 and she started hanging out with losers. Later on she got into meth and Satan worshipping (I think for attention) and then started working at massage parlors. She tried to keep this a job a secret, but the parlour getting busted didn't help.

I took full custody of our kid in 2001. She started calling less and less, then eventually she disappeared. We haven't heard from her since about mid 2003. She may be dead.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
No.

We divorced in 97 and she started hanging out with losers. Later on she got into meth and Satan worshipping (I think for attention) and then started working at massage parlors. She tried to keep this a job a secret, but the parlour getting busted didn't help.

I took full custody of our kid in 2001. She started calling less and less, then eventually she disappeared. We haven't heard from her since about mid 2003. She may be dead.
WOW that sucks, a friend went through something similar but she straightened out and know sees the kids once in awhile.....sucks that kids have to deal with crap like that...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
..sucks that kids have to deal with crap like that...
She has been in limbo/mourning for a few years. Therapy helps.

One day we'll find out what happened to her mom and we'll deal with it from there.

nanhar

Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Riverside, CA
Budget, what's that? We take turns, I get a frame, he gets a frame, I get a fork, he gets a fork, etc. 2 incomes, 2 bike habits to support. What more could you ask for? :D

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Budget, what's that? We take turns, I get a frame, he gets a frame, I get a fork, he gets a fork, etc. 2 incomes, 2 bike habits to support. What more could you ask for? :D
With the two incomes I could buy a house with bigger garage.. since I'd need one.

I haven't been able to fit my truck in the garage in almost four months (and I'm single).

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
With the two incomes I could buy a house with bigger garage.. since I'd need one.

I haven't been able to fit my truck in the garage in almost four months (and I'm single).
yeah, and you still won't get your truck in with a wife and a 2-car garage.

We've got a 2-cg and between my motorcycle and all of our toys, she can barely fit her jeep in their.

Get a 2.5 car garage. You'll really thank yourself.

nanhar

Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Riverside, CA
We have a 3 car garage. 1 truck and all the bikes in the garage and 1 truck in the driveway (too long for the 2nd garage space).

Oh, I forgot to mention, we are DINK's which helps with the whole "budgeting" or lack there of issue. Can you say "I love my disposable income". :clapping:

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
and can cause disagreements of who gets what share of the bike budget.
so true. she's still learning how great mt. biking is though so doesn't even know that she wants new bike stuff on a regular basis.
I showed up with her Burner frame one day and she said, "oh boy!" but never would have shopped for it on her own.
The Western Spirit trip was quite the turning point for her. We're already talking about our next one.
DINKS rule.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Does that make me a SINK? hmmm..

And my garage is a two car garage. I just have a lot of stuff.

Worked construction/cabinetry for a while, so I've got an obscene amount of tools. And I seem to collect bike parts. Haven't made time to post them for sale.

And I just put hardwood in the 1st floor of my house. So I've got all sorts of extra crap laying around (including the toilet I need to re-install). It's getting frustrating. One or two more weekends and I'll have it dialed though.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
She has been in limbo/mourning for a few years. Therapy helps.

One day we'll find out what happened to her mom and we'll deal with it from there.
My nephew lived with me for awhile, his mother has trouble taking care of herself nevermind her kids...and my friends kids that had mom take off for about three years are some of the best kids I know....things work themselves out..

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
We're dinks too and have spent a large bit of $$$ on bikes & gear (we use all 3 bays of our garage and some basement space). I am sure, now that there are 3 of us, that budget will be reduced (atleast until Syd starts riding).

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
We're dinks too and have spent a large bit of $$$ on bikes & gear (we use all 3 bays of our garage and some basement space). I am sure, now that there are 3 of us, that budget will be reduced (atleast until Syd starts riding).
you USED to be a dink.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
i am envious of everyone with their garages.

i have neither a basement nor a garage.
I thought a garage or a basement or at least a spare bedroom was part of mtb essential equipment list?

We had a new garge built when we bought our house but it is now partially full of the other half's pile of family garbage hoarded since the death of various relatives.
70% of it is trash but she doesn't see it (or smell it).

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
As of last weekend my household became a DINK :biggrin: We're also getting garage doors on my carport to make 1/2 of the garage an outdoor toy storage facility. That'll ease the current storage issues that come with combining two houses, luckily bachelors don't come with much furniture that can't be sacrificed.:p