Quantcast

I want a new guitar.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
That's interesting; I've never come across these before. To be fair though, I haven't been in the market for a bass in many years. I like the concept, but that's a bummer about the shortcomings you're dealing with.
Yeah.Being partially paralyzed makes everything complicated. I’d say most of my issues wouldn’t be the builder’s “fault” or problems for most players.

Check out the Airborne series with exchangeable necks for changing scale lengths.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Yeah.Being partially paralyzed makes everything complicated. I’d say most of my issues wouldn’t be the builder’s “fault” or problems for most players.

Check out the Airborne series with exchangeable necks for changing scale lengths.
Good stuff. Kind of surprised to see Rhonda Smith and Juaqo III-X on there.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I swear to the FSM my Boss tuner has had the same batteries since I was in high school and still works.
Older than dirt, still works great!
View attachment 156031
Finally replaced the batteries today after intonating all the guitars last night. Not dead but the low battery light did come on. Cheap batteries in there had an expiration year of 2010, so I'd estimate they've been in there 20 years easy.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Very nice! Any distortion in your signal chain?
Yes! Actually the white box in those photos. The brown box is my latest build. Russian Beaver/fuzz clone

Got them all from here:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I recently had a setup done with fret leveling, etc on my ‘99 Les Paul Classic Plus that I bought new. It was like getting suspension rebuilt…you don’t realize how much you’re missing until it’s fine tuned.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I recently had a setup done with fret leveling, etc on my ‘99 Les Paul Classic Plus that I bought new. It was like getting suspension rebuilt…you don’t realize how much you’re missing until it’s fine tuned.
Go all in or go home.

That said, I am not touching the stainless jumbo frets / ebony fretboard on my 7 string ESP (which also hasn't required any tuning for a few years now, it's quite amazing).

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
A 1992 SF470 that appears to be pretty mint just popped up on FB, which is the fixed bridge version of my Floyd Rose'ded S470.....and it even has the same color/finish.

I don't need it.....I don't need it......I don't need it.....

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
If I had a bunch of money to spare…I would have a Fender Reverb Twin modified, with one channel for electric, and one channel (amp and speakers) optimized for acoustic. If it were done well, I bet I could sell a shitload of them. It’s almost like the concept is too simple for any company to grasp.
Any of you know of something like this?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I’m actually interested in one of these, but I don’t think I would buy one without playing it first.
Thanks for the tip, it’s definitely on my radar.
I took the leap of faith with Barefaced and have owned several of their 1x12 bass cabs. I settled on a pair of Big Baby 2 cabs which work well as a PA system with a power amp and mixer.

In guitar news, I drive to San Diego to see a fancy bass in person. It has a unique color shifting metallic finish that ranges from cool to meh depending on the lighting. I opted to pass on it.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Are you still playing those cool custom short scale things regularly?
This year, instead of buying a new $1000 guitar, I spent $1000 on music/guitar lessons. Quite happy with the investment so far, even if I can’t gift it to my kiddo eventually.
I really, really want one of those Rivera Sedona Lites, but I haven’t found the right crack addict selling his for $500…
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Unfortunately the custom 18” one is a bit awkward to play with my stupid nerve damage. I thought the shorter scale would be easier to play, but it’s got some other design elements that challenge me. It doesn’t help that I had an issue with the electronics and the repair tech didn’t quite fix things back to where they were when I first got it. He swapped the 250 pots for 500 and I didn’t mind at first but over time I’ve been meh about it.

The Nordstrand Acinonyx seems to be at a sweet spot with string spacing and scale length for my needs. It’s got me thinking about trying a baritone or bass vi design.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Not a guitar, but I've been thinking about picking up an electronic drum kit for awhile. I've played drums off and on for most of my life, but haven't had a kit in quite a few years now. I miss the cathartic release that playing can provide, but I don't hate my neighbors enough to subject them to the noise of an acoustic kit. End coolstorybro.