Quantcast

I want a new guitar.

Jeffy2k

Chimp
Jun 4, 2021
It's up to the guitar for me. I got an ESP since it was a pretty and costly way to use an additional guitar. On the other hand, I have nothing else to priorities, if I see a beast I want, because I want to collect beasts. I need them not, but I want them. I want them.

I think you have justified the purchase if you want and can afford a second guitar.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It's up to the guitar for me. I got an ESP since it was a pretty and costly way to use an additional guitar. On the other hand, I have nothing else to priorities, if I see a beast I want, because I want to collect beasts. I need them not, but I want them. I want them.

I think you have justified the purchase if you want and can afford a second guitar.
Are guitars allowed in Turkish prisons? Can gladiators play?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Dunable makes cool stuff. I’m tempted to get a baritone guitar built. The guy is here in LA too. It’s more than I want to spend, but maybe I need to fix my priorities :)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
While throwing the last bit of trash away from our move, I found this in the dumpster… Seems perfectly playable except for some chips in the finish. My plan is to keep it in our van to take camping.

E193F9A6-427C-4E08-A121-8CBACBDC0196.jpeg

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My wife bought a Yamaha F210 some 20+ years ago on her semester abroad in college and only played in maybe 6 months. We've been packing it around ever since. I finally broke it out of the closet 2-3 months ago and have been plucking away on it every day since. @mandown is correct about all of the resources online. It's more of a question of finding one that "clicks" for you. I happen to like this guys online stuff.

YMMV of course.
So, I've been playing almost everyday and my fretting hand is really starting to bug. I feel like it's going pretty well considering I'm self teaching and I'm having a good time. Probably "playing" an hour + a day, (chord/note/finger exercises + actual music) and I think I'm probably just over doing it, so imma probably take a couple days off. Just wondering if this is a typical experience for any of you guys that have been long time players.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
So, I've been playing almost everyday and my fretting hand is really starting to bug. I feel like it's going pretty well considering I'm self teaching and I'm having a good time. Probably "playing" an hour + a day, (chord/note/finger exercises + actual music) and I think I'm probably just over doing it, so imma probably take a couple days off. Just wondering if this is a typical experience for any of you guys that have been long time players.
Everyone is a little different, and ergonomics are tough to judge from the web posting. You could have some slop in your technique that’s causing you problems.