Quantcast

I want a Yeti...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
...road bike! That's right muthas, roadbike!

I've seen three of 'em in a week now. FYI: Yeti's HQ is near where I was riding.

So I'm at the top of the climb and about to turn around. One guy blows right, the other stops -- he's turning around too. I asked him when Yeti stopped making road bikes and he says, "Oh, we've never made them." "We?!" Yeah, he's the frame builder and the guy who blew by is the owner.

Yeti makes great mt bikes... as you know.

He tells me that they only build road and cx for their sponsored riders :( There's about 20 of 'em total. I told him I'm gonna win the lotto and force him to build me a Ti :D

So, that was tonight's ride in the front range hills. Hope you got out for a spin.

EDIT: Oh, if you're a Yeti fan -and- you're in the area, call them and see if you can demo one... they have hosted rides multiple times a week.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Echo said:
That's pretty cool man. I thought they had a road bike called the "Road Project" a few years ago though?

they did. and quite some time ago, they actually made some road bikes that troy lee painted. the one we had in our store was white with baby blue pinstripping on it. definitely hot.....

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
either Chris, the frame builder dude, wasn't there when they made the roadie or I misunderstood him. Perhaps he said, "we don't" instead of "never".

My mtb team is gonna submit the paperwork to get sponsored :D fortunately, I'm the only dead weight on the team. The others all podium. We've even got a couple of women who kick ass. One of 'em took first in beginners -- her first year -- often enough that she's probably going to be forced up to sport. But I digress. Sponsorship means some discount and free jerseys :D

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
SkaredShtles said:
What are you, the token roadie on the team? :dancing:

-S.S.-
uhh, more of the team clown. I started it, eventho I suck and it's not so much a team at the moment as it is a drinking group ;) Scott, Henry, Celeste, Darcy and a few others I can't remember all podiumed multiple times.

EDIT: I should clarify, just in case and all that... I think Darcy is officially on Trail Central's Team whose big sponsor (I think) is Dean Bikes. I don't want to get her in trouble.