Quantcast

I want to get into the sport need some help

skis_2006

Chimp
Sep 11, 2011
Hey guys I just found this site I was wondering if you guys could help me out at all and point me in the direction of a bike what I should be looking for I am looking for a good bang for my buck type thing I live about 10min from highland mountain and have never been and am kicking myself in the ass for it I am sick of seeing all these guys go buy with these nasty bikes on thiers cars and trucks and are about to have a blast!! lol I cant spend a ton I will probly go used as I just bought a house and have two kids... I want something middle of the road somthing that is good for a beginer however when and if I get better I dont want to have to buy a new bike rite away to start going bigger and harder what would you guys suggest??? also anyone else going to highland that wouldnt mind a tag along let me know as all my friends for somereason will not go witch makes no sence we all ride dirt bikes and snowmobiles and are all nuts but for some reason highland is just to crazy for them I keep telling them there is obviously easy trails but they wont listen!?!?! thanks for your help

skis_2006

Chimp
Sep 11, 2011
the only reason i didnt want to do that is I assume they have some nast bikes for rentals that would give me faulse impression of the sport in other words a bike I couldnt afford that would probly ride like a caddy so when I do buy one ill be disapointed and that one day rental fee is a bit harsh and could go towards the purchase of a new bike I just figured if I really didnt like it witch is hard to belive I wouldnt like it as I am an action sport junkie I could just sell and get my money back... If the rentals were reasonable I would 100% just do that and I still might but if I could find a good deal I would rather do that

jrnolan

Monkey
May 9, 2008
KHS Lucky 7 can do just about it all. It's four bar horst link (FSR) is a proven design. The 2011 is hard to beat. Great wheel set; good fork, brakes, crank and all the rest of the components are good to great for a very fair price.

It is not a DH sled, it is a 7.3 inch Free ride but I think it will keep you going for several seasons.

Last edited:

Carcinogen

Chimp
May 5, 2011
Seattle
What is your price range? Are you able to build up your bike yourself or will you be buying a complete?

I put together an 09 Bighit with boxxer WC for about $1200 last winter but had to buy all the parts separate on put it together myself.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
KHS Lucky 7 can do just about it all. It's four bar horst link (FSR) is a proven design. The 2011 is hard to beat. Great wheel set; good fork, brakes, crank and all the rest of the components are good to great for a very fair price.

It is not a DH sled, it is a 7.3 inch Free ride but I think it will keep you going for several seasons.

this is truth this forum is a bunch of snobs (myself included)...but very good advice...