Quantcast

I want to move back to Washington

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
So I want to move back to Washington state, in particular the Anacortes/Mt. Vernon area.

However, there's a catch. I need to have a job lined up before I go up there, showing to my wife who is trying to divorce me that I can get a job and that I am responsible.

Does anyone know of anything up there? I don't care what it is, but I need a gig. If you know anything/anyone I would be in your debt.

Makana425

Monkey
Feb 21, 2008
Snocompton
At the age of 17 i am trying to find a job for the hobbie that i do mtn bike. Its expensive but its worth it if you spend the time that we all do.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
This woman was rad until I lost my **** about a year ago. Now I need to show I am worth something to her other then spending her cash on my bikes.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
To my knowledge there is like.....NO industry in anacotes..

Bellingham has SOME stuff.....but ya know...only losers and homos with oddball 4 letter names that start with "J" work there......

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
STAY WHERE YOU ARE AND WOMEN SUCK ( well not all of them ) ONLY TWO THINGS COME FROM MT VERNON AND ANACORTES; STEERS AND QUEERS! AND I DON'T SEE ANY HORNS BOY! Seriously If you ride and buy bikes she's right, you're irresponsible. So kick her to the curb and find a new gal who's irresponsible too and go ride your bikes together.
This coming from a guy named harryballs.

He will take your advice to heart, trust me.

Dirt, helmet in the mail tomorrow morning. PM to follow.
Do what you need to do but stay on your path man!

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I have this feeling barring a major change in her view of things that my path in this life may not include her. But, staying sober, staying employed, keeping from kicking the hell out of people; these are all easy in comparison to letting go of her.

Just riding along is where I'll be.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
You didn't list your qualifications. If you just want any ol' job, Texaco gas station is always hiring. Prolly pays 7.30 an hour. If you have skills, it's probably going to be harder getting a job.

Will the wife move with you? or has she given up on you already? and if she moves, won't she also need to be employed?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Wife is a doc with the Navy. She always has a job.
I have a masters in political science, a law degree and I stand on my head really well.

I think she's moved on though. Looks like I am southward bound.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
what kind of jobs would one get with that type of degree?
Got me a lot of work with companies like Blackwater and the Rand group, but in that area I think it qualifies me to pour coffee.

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
MSFT, GOOG, AMZN, BA, Pacaar all have govt relations groups in their legal depts but that is in Seattle.....check the major law firms as well. While the economy is tough right now the one thing that is demanding more attention is goverment relations as a new regime comes in....Maybe something in Vancouver?

Also, not to alienate myself here but...maybe less $$/time on your bike and more on your wife...not that it is any of my biz just saying (you brougt it up first)

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS
Times are tough up here in Washington. I read in the Seattle PI (soon to be out of buisness) that there was a job fair at Quest field and 8 thousand people showed up, they were expecting 2 thousand. Even Seattle is rough shape.

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
If your looking for something in the legal field it's tough here as well. I work for a very large law firm and we had 3 positions open and 1200 people applied. Good luck.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Trust me, I was spending plenty of time and money on the wife. The problem was that I am not a natural Navy spouse, and when I've moved every six months for the last four years, its hard to hold a job or find a new one. That, coupled with the fact that I knocked a couple of her coworkers out once in Vegas. Let's just say I wasn't the raddest husband.

Yea, when I was living in Seattle last summer times were really, really hard. There was no work to be found in my field, or any other field I was qualified in. It sucked.