Quantcast

I want to sell my Bike/snowboard shop..

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On E-BAY! Whaddya all think? Just to clarify, I have a 2800 sq. foot shop in a small town in the rockies, near Jackson Hole. We carry Giant, Rocky Mountain, Jamis, Diamond Back, Titus, Maverick, Fox, Pearl Izumi, Burton, Lib Tech, Never Summer, Prior, Flow, Ride, K2, Solomon, Bonfire, da Kine, etc, blah blah.
I am looking to sell the business for the cost of inventory and equipment (I don't own the building).
We are 12 miles from Grand Targhee, and 35 to J.H.
We host two races in the summer, and snowboard every day in the winter.
have any of you seen anything like this offered on E-Bay?
Do any of you know how $230,000 purchases are handled on E-Bay?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Damn that seems like a prime location. Why do you want to sell?

Also, ebay seems really good about large transactions. People sell team semi and crap on there all the time. Prepare to pay out the nose in fees tho!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
I live in the BEST of the best locations, and I have the BEST of the best in lines...But, I am ready for something new. I have an opportunity to start a Mountain Bike Tour guide business in Peru, and I want to go for it whole hog, while I am still a wee bit young! Wifey wants kids, I have two years max to play on a grand scale. The shop is a fullfilling and very challenging business in my location. That is not to say that one could not have a blast doing it here, I have for six years, and it has been amazing...I just want to do other really cool stuff. PLEASE feel free to e-mail or PM me with questions, it seriously is an amazing shop, in a prosperous locale...I am happy to talk frankly with anyone interested. Cheers!

J

JRB

Are we more wealthy on RM??? Why is it $70,000 more than you listed on Mojo??? :p

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
will you take any trade? i have an 03 sgs frame. kinda beat but i'll trade it.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Was my first calculation, based SOLELY on inventory, and not infrastructure. I could not edit it...This calculation is more accurate, including fixtures, electrical, slatwall, signage, tools, tools, and more tools. Also blue sky factors in. My mistake...

rideit said:
Was my first calculation, based SOLELY on inventory, and not infrastructure. I could not edit it...This calculation is more accurate, including fixtures, electrical, slatwall, signage, tools, tools, and more tools. Also blue sky factors in. My mistake...

Have a business valuation done first. And get in touch with a cpa who has had experience helping their clients buy and sell businesses.