Quantcast

i want to try and make a movie

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
do it!

get a camera, some friends and go fall down a bunch. then just pick the best stuff and put it all together. the more you do it, like most things, the better you will get at it.

InsaneP2Rider

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
i love making video's...but the people that i ride with just don't want to get off their bikes long enough to take a video. so i haven't made one in a long time...

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
it's fun but after a few months you get burnt out and want to just ride without having to stop every few minutes to get all setup and stuff. Urban stuff is way easier than trails, especially if you go with a group and you don't really care if you're in the movie, all you have to do is watch your buds ride around and you try and get everything on film.

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
Kornphlake said:
it's fun but after a few months you get burnt out and want to just ride without having to stop every few minutes to get all setup and stuff. Urban stuff is way easier than trails, especially if you go with a group and you don't really care if you're in the movie, all you have to do is watch your buds ride around and you try and get everything on film.

i hate riding street with a camera... But its fine at the dirtjumps or skateparks. When i get tired i can take some footage and the same with my friends. With street the problem becomes actualy carrying the camera around and not wanting to fall with it.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
you can get a free, and legal video editer from microsoft.com its called microsoft movie maker 2, its what i use and im pretty happy with it.

your vid is really good dwaugh those dj's look like a lotta fun
________
Vaporizers whip mouth pices

Last edited:

macmx

Monkey
Dec 28, 2003
I have made a few BMX and mtb films, and I am very experienced to say the least. There are a few key things to make a good film.

- You have to like filming. If you hate filming while riding, and editing, and the only reason why you're doing it, is the finished video, forget it. It's not going to happen.

- Take time to get to know your camera. Read the manual if neccessary.

- Take time to get to know your editing software. This can take a while.

- Try different angles when filming, but still keeping in mind that you can see what's going on. Standing underneath a guy doing a 5 foot gap might sound cool, but when you see it afterwards, it sucks. Look at what other movie makers are doing.

- Remember always to hold your cam steady. Shaking cam equals bad movie.

- Study, watch movies and learn about filming as much as you can.

- The better your films get, the more hyped you get your friends when they watch themselves on film, and the more the wanna film with you and go big.

Go for it!

Some pictures from one of my movies (woodward camp):

Attachments

big boy

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
boulder CO.
I have tried making videos. It is a lot of fun. after a while it gets old and you dont really think about it but stay with it anyway. Youll be glad

trevor84

Chimp
May 19, 2004
Queensland,Australia
thanks for the posts would it be a good idear to get people across the world to send me vidio footage of them and there mates riding for my vidio coz i just got all my eidting stuff for my computer so all i haf to do is find sume sick trails and street then ill start the vid