Quantcast

I was almost shot tonight in a drive-by...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
... by an air gun of some type.

I am riding up Mission Street, a mostly Latino neighborhood. I was huffing and puffing uphill, when I pass right by a late model Caddy with a black kid yelling at some dudes in front of a bar, asking them mockingly if he could have a beer.

After I pass by, I hear behind me the sickening sound of "pop pop pop pop pop". I got on the sidewalk just as the Caddy hauls past me.

I didn't think it was a gun, by the sound and the frequency of the bursts. I went back, and the guys who got hit were shaken, but OK.

I was real scared, because I was perfect target for a pellet or just to get clipped by the car...

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
sanjuro said:
... by an air gun of some type.

I am riding up Mission Street, a mostly Latino neighborhood. I was huffing and puffing uphill, when I pass right by a late model Caddy with a black kid yelling at some dudes in front of a bar, asking them mockingly if he could have a beer.

After I pass by, I hear behind me the sickening sound of "pop pop pop pop pop". I got on the sidewalk just as the Caddy hauls past me.

I didn't think it was a gun, by the sound and the frequency of the bursts. I went back, and the guys who got hit were shaken, but OK.

I was real scared, because I was perfect target for a pellet or just to get clipped by the car...
i have a friend who carries a bb gun in his car. a crystal clear imi look alike.

anytime a combi (a southamerican iconic public transportation van, whose only purpose in life is to stop the traffic in front of a green lights and to kill other drivers) makes a bad move on him, he shoots the driver in the face/head in the next red light.
way more effective than yelling.

dirtydirtysouf

Deletated
May 23, 2006
the ghetto of winston-salem, nc
ALEXIS_DH said:
i have a friend who carries a bb gun in his car. a crystal clear imi look alike.

anytime a combi (a southamerican iconic public transportation van, whose only purpose in life is to stop the traffic in front of a green lights and to kill other drivers) makes a bad move on him, he shoots the driver in the face/head in the next red light.
way more effective than yelling.
thats a good way for your friend to get shot by the realthing

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
dirtydirtysouf said:
thats a good way for your friend to get shot by the realthing
Havent you ever seen "City of God"? That's what I imagine all of south america to be like.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
dirtydirtysouf said:
nope cant say i have..........but ill look it up and see if its the type of movie i like..............i have been to TJ mexico and its great except for the donkey shows :shudder:
Ive seen similiar "shows" in Thailand. Not pretty, but strangely intriguing.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Echo said:
The suburbs in upstate NY ain't perfect, but at least I don't have to deal with stuff like that.
I seem to live near the slums every state I lived in:

NY: The Bronx and Buffalo
LA: New Orleans
CT: Hartford
CA: San Francisco

The more I look at this picture, the more I believe my apartment in Ct was in the building next to this one:

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
sanjuro said:
dude. your place in CT was the GHETTO.

someone made this snotty comment to me yesterday at the track about me not knowing what the slums are like, being from CT and all. this came from someone who had never been to CT, but imagine it's all like Greenwich.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
amydalayna said:

someone made this snotty comment to me yesterday at the track about me not knowing what the slums are like, being from CT and all. this came from someone who had never been to CT, but imagine it's all like Greenwich.

Taking comments on culture from someone in reno or south lake tahoe seriously <----------------funny

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Glad you're ok Sanjuro.

And yeah, for such a small state CT has the full range, everything from serious slums/poverty to lifestyles of the rich and famous.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
amydalayna said:

You know what the ghetto looks like, everytime you guys dropped me off!

As a New Yorker, my perception of Ct was totally Fairfield, which is where David Letterman lives.

After living in Hartford County, I think more about the middle and east of state, which is mostly rustic. I still rarely visit anywhere in Fairfield, but I do think the Ct cities are near bottom, by design.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OGRipper said:
Glad you're ok Sanjuro.

And yeah, for such a small state CT has the full range, everything from serious slums/poverty to lifestyles of the rich and famous.
I think the problem with Connecticut is that there is very little in the middle.

I lived in Hartford because I didn't want to live in the suburbs. But my own option was to live the slums because there were scant few decent neighborhoods, and all of them were on the suburb border.

If I had to do it again, I would have moved into New Haven. It has a decent middle class because of the economy of Yale, and I had good times there. There were some dangerous parts of NH, but I thought it made the city more interesting.

Hartford was just boring and sh*tty.

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
Hey I resemble that comment! I drive a Cadillac!

Down Hill Diva almost gets doored by a guy running in for moo shoo pork, Sanjuro almost gets shot, GEE do you think you see a pattern here!? There are no cadillacs OR guns in the woods.

Eat lead?
Or eat dirt!?

What would you prefer.

Woods, it's what's for dinner.:D