Quantcast

I was attacked by a tree at Mt Snow

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was just skiing along, minding my own business, when a tree grabbed ahold of me and pulled me in.

Here's where it happened. I'm in this picture. Look carefully. (Or follow the ski tracks the come in from the bottom left of this pic).

A little closer look. Ahhhhhh!

I needed some help getting released from the tree's clutches.

It was nice and comfy though.

I am finally released. Nothing broken or bruised except my ego.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
So did you just get tangled up in branches or did you get sucked into the tree well?

I have a friend who fell into a tree well (or whatever they're called) while back country skiing - it took him a long time to get free. The experience shook him up quite a bit so now he carries every safety devise known to man.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So did you just get tangled up in branches or did you get sucked into the tree well?

I have a friend who fell into a tree well (or whatever they're called) while back country skiing - it took him a long time to get free. The experience shook him up quite a bit so now he carries every safety devise known to man.
Tree wells at Mt Snow come up to about your boot. :p I got tangled up in the tree. Took me a solid 10 minutes to get free. :monkey:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I got stuck in a tree well in the Colorado back country a few years ago. took about 20 minutes to get out of the damn thing, my snowboard was locked down deep in it and buried, so I couldn't get to the buckles. Ridiculous.