Quantcast

I was just driving along.......

unusualpunk

Chimp
Dec 21, 2003
at your girlfriends house
A simple trip to see my friend do a concert, turns into a living hell. So I start my car at home, everything sounds good. so I am driving down the highway, and everything is good. but as when i hit the exit, and got to the light, smoke starts coming out of the hood. there was really nothing i could do. I couldn't push it out of the way through an intersection. so i just turned on the flashers, and turned off the car, and opened the hood. as soon as i open the hood, i smell coolant. a coolant hose broke at a T joint. so i go to a jiffy lube across the street, they were no help at all. so i asked him who could help me, and he points me to a advanced auto parts. so go there get a new t joint, and some coolant, then put on the t joint, put the coolant in. and it runs fine. so i got to the concert finally, and had a good time. after the concert, i try to start my van, and it won't turn over. So pump the gas, and it starts, then i get to a light, and it stalls out, so i pumped the gas again, and it started. so i finally get back onto the highway, and get home, but the whole way home the engine was over heating.

this is just another reason i want to move to the city, ditch the pos, and take a bus

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Don't get too excited just yet. If you didn't run your van while you were overheating you should be fine. More than likely you have a bunch of air pockets in your coolant system. Bring it to a reputable place, have the pressure test it, flush and fill, that is like a $50 job.

Other likely culprits... water pumps are self cooling so if it was spinning without water in there for any length of time a new water pump might be in order.

If you drove it while it was totally over heated well.........