Quantcast

I was violated at the trailhead . . .

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
sam_little said:
I don't understand the issue with ticks. Growing up riding in SE PA, I had at least a few ticks on me every week. You get home, check your hair over, and pull them out. If you miss a few, big friggin deal. I get that disease is an issue, but not big. The disease cases to bites is a pretty small ratio.

Sack up.
I nearly died from Rocky Mt. Spotted feaver when I was 17. "Sacking up" caused me to be in the hospital for two weeks, near death, in the worst pain Ive EVER experienced. Even my hair and fingernails hurt.

I got bit at harescramble I was doing on a sunday, woke up monday sick, fell asleep, didnt wake up til' friday, and NO ONE in my family even noticed... they took me to the hospital finally, as i couldnt walk, or barely talk...
worst **** ever.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
MudGrrl said:
A friend of mine just got a tick attached to her eardrum.

she could hear it moving it's legs when they were trying to get it out.

Wow that is so messed up. I hate ticks. I had a scare once. The doctor told me the same thing about how they have to be in around 24 hours to actually give you Lyme disease. I guess it’s from stuff in their stomachs that help them digest the blood etc.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
BurlyShirley said:
I nearly died from Rocky Mt. Spotted feaver when I was 17. "Sacking up" caused me to be in the hospital for two weeks, near death, in the worst pain Ive EVER experienced. Even my hair and fingernails hurt.

I got bit at harescramble I was doing on a sunday, woke up monday sick, fell asleep, didnt wake up til' friday, and NO ONE in my family even noticed... they took me to the hospital finally, as i couldnt walk, or barely talk...
worst **** ever.
Sounds rough, but like I said, the ratio is pretty small. I've probably had a few hundred tick bites in my life, so I don't get the fuss. The sketchy tweezers, on the other hand, are pretty nasty.

splat

Nam I am
sam_little said:
I don't understand the issue with ticks. Growing up riding in SE PA, I had at least a few ticks on me every week. You get home, check your hair over, and pull them out. If you miss a few, big friggin deal. I get that disease is an issue, but not big. The disease cases to bites is a pretty small ratio.

Sack up.
Here read this !

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125224

Last year I had Lyme Menigitas from a Tick bite!

I NEVER want to have to have to go through something that bad again! NEVER!!!

andthen doing this 2 a day for 3 weeks was lots of fun too!

J

JRB

Booker said:
Your constant crying is getting a little repetitive.:clue:

Back on topic. Ticks are pretty nasty. We get tons of them around here in the summer time. If you really want to be annoyed, go find some turkey lice (kinda like chiggers but nastier). I had that stuff for 2 weeks and itched like mad.
I would hardly call it constant crying, but when you don't know someone and you whine about their whining, you just look like a whiney bitch. :eviltongu

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
loco said:
I would hardly call it constant crying, but when you don't know someone and you whine about their whining, you just look like a whiney bitch. :eviltongu
Cute. :love: I joined RM on Feb. 2003. I don't have 14000 post because i don't feel the need to post every time i have a random thought. I know all about your whiny post, i normally try and skip over them, or keep you on ignore. Just thought your bitching about repetitiveness was laughable. And watch slinging the word "bitch" around here Tex.:rolleyes:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I had a tick in my groin once. Dug in deep, right next to my beanbag.

After some reflection, I recall not enjoying it all that much.

:think:

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
H8R said:

That's just brought a new meaning to 'tick in the box' in my mind...

J

JRB

Booker said:
Cute. :love: I joined RM on Feb. 2003. I don't have 14000 post because i don't feel the need to post every time i have a random thought. I know all about your whiny post, i normally try and skip over them, or keep you on ignore. Just thought your bitching about repetitiveness was laughable. And watch slinging the word "bitch" around here Tex.:rolleyes:
You'll note that I didn't call you a noob, but to make your first comment towards me that I am a whiney bitch, you might want to wonder how well it will be received. You may also notice a smiley sticking a tongue out at you. I don't use them if I am serious. You have studied my posting habits well enough that you should know that, hillbilly.

J

JRB

H8R said:

Mine was within inches of the boys and it left a scar.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
You'll note that I didn't call you a noob, but to make your first comment towards me that I am a whiney bitch, you might want to wonder how well it will be received. You may also notice a smiley sticking a tongue out at you. I don't use them if I am serious. You have studied my posting habits well enough that you should know that, hillbilly.
you are now bitching about people bitching that you bitch too much. congratulations.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
loco said:
Dude, stuff a sock in you crusty vagina.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
booker is no stranger, I think he beat me at windrock once.
You can have a neighbor that is a stranger. I am not saying he's not a cool guy, even. I didn't flame the guy. I stood up when he kicked me in the nuts. I have that right.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
BurlyShirley said:
booker is no stranger, I think he beat me at windrock once.
Actually, i think you beat me. It was a fun course though.

Loco, don't take everything so personally. What i think of you on the interweb in no way affects your real life. Sometimes you act like the fat kid in dodgeball, always the victim.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Echo said:
How did I know that this thread would be yet another loco bitchfest before I even clicked it?
There is FAR more bitching about Loco than there is Loco bitching. And it's usually the same people who do it too. Also, most of Loco's "bitching" that I have seen is him defending himself from asshat comments. If people would ignore the posts that they don't like we wouldn't have this problem.

Ticks are not to be ignored. "Sacking up' can lead to very very painful expierences as evidenced by BS and Splat. If taking 10 mintes after my ride or excursion into nature can prevent it then it's a very small price to pay.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Ciaran said:
There is FAR more bitching about Loco than there is Loco bitching. And it's usually the same people who do it too. Also, most of Loco's "bitching" that I have seen is him defending himself from asshat comments. If people would ignore the posts that they don't like we wouldn't have this problem.
If a bunch of folks feel the need to "pick on" one dude then he obviously brings it on himself. The dorky kid in class isn't picked on because he really is a cool guy and minding his own business. The dorky kid gets crap because he is sitting in the back of the class pounding boogers down his throat like they are gummi bears.:)

J

JRB

Booker said:
If a bunch of folks feel the need to "pick on" one dude then he obviously brings it on himself. The dorky kid in class isn't picked on because he really is a cool guy and minding his own business. The dorky kid gets crap because he is sitting in the back of the class pounding boogers down his throat like they are gummi bears.:)
And sometimes the fat kid goes unnoticed for a while and then draws attention to himself.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Booker said:
So ignore him. He didn't do anything to you and all you are doing is perpetuating the problem.

By the way your example above is a bad one. All it says is that you like to bully dorks. And if you apply it to your whining about Loco's whining than all it means is that you like to pound boogers down your throat as well.

Try to justify it any way you want, in the end you(and everyone else who whines about Loco's whining) are still wrong. Let it go and see how fast the problem goes away.

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
So ignore him. He didn't do anything to you and all you are doing is perpetuating the problem.

By the way your example above is a bad one. All it says is that you like to bully dorks. And if you apply it to your whining about Loco's whining than all it means is that you like to pound boogers down your throat as well.

Try to justify it any way you want, in the end you(and everyone else who whines about Loco's whining) are still wrong. Let it go and see how fast the problem goes away.
Thanks Mike. I do find it comical how me complaining or commenting is whining, but when others do it, it's just conversation. Just as I am just commenting now, someone will undoubtedly call it whining. Then they will call me a pussy for confronting them. It's a tiring circle. I sure wish we could find a better place. It's more humorous that one of the mods continually throws sand on me and then says I am just a whiney bitch. I would wager that they annoy me 30 times more than I do them. The best is when they finally go too far and then say I can't take a jokes. Pricks.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ciaran said:
I dunno. All of loco's posts in this thread sound like a whiney 13 year old to me.

It's a thread about ticks, and he turned it into a thread about him. It's annoying to the brave souls that don't use the ignore feature.

:D

loco said:
I hate the puking guy. It's stupid.
loco said:
I think puking guy should be banned from here.
loco said:
Forgive me for having a problem with unoriginality. You guys get something stupid like this, just like burly did, and post it 4000 times. If that's all you can come up with and that's what we rely on for humor here, I wouldn't mind being banned. I am sure that there are less repetitious places to be. :mumble:
loco said:
loco said:
loco said:
I should just let some total stranger bag on me??? I'm sure you would, right???
loco said:
You can have a neighbor that is a stranger. I am not saying he's not a cool guy, even. I didn't flame the guy. I stood up when he kicked me in the nuts. I have that right.
loco said:
And sometimes the fat kid goes unnoticed for a while and then draws attention to himself.
loco said:
Thanks Mike. I do find it comical how me complaining or commenting is whining, but when others do it, it's just conversation. Just as I am just commenting now, someone will undoubtedly call it whining. Then they will call me a pussy for confronting them. It's a tiring circle. I sure wish we could find a better place. It's more humorous that one of the mods continually throws sand on me and then says I am just a whiney bitch. I would wager that they annoy me 30 times more than I do them. The best is when they finally go too far and then say I can't take a jokes. Pricks.

J

JRB

H8R said:
I dunno. All of loco's posts in this thread sound like a whiney 13 year old to me.

It's a thread about ticks, and he turned it into a thread about him. It's annoying to the brave souls that don't use the ignore feature.

:D
If hate means that I am bitching, guilty. Maybe you can be Bitcher from now on.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
bjanga said:
This thread is not about loco, ticks, sacks, or the puker. It is about repetition.

The fact that it comes out his nose in two perfect streams which are then blown apart by the spew from his mouth makes this picture a classic study of vomit.

Vomit is such a cool word.