Quantcast

I watched an incovenient truth last night

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
This example with limited observations should visualize the variation in the CO2-contents during day and night, especially theoccurrence of the maximum and minimum values. While the diurnal variation cycles of both radiation and temperature show the normal values, (96) we observe that the variation in CO2 does not only show an irregular, not diurnal pattern but it also shows a much larger variation than expected.

N8, I like the part above where the hero of the ostrich people is saying his measurements are local spot measurements, and even he can't explain why they vary so much or is so high. Core sample CO2 is going to be a lot closer to world average co2(even a bit below average), than a spot CO2 reading taken in a city, suring the coal and log burning days.

How about something from a reputable scientist not on the fossil fuel payroll?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
N8, I like the part above where the hero of the ostrich people is saying his measurements are local spot measurements, and even he can't explain why they vary so much or is so high. Core sample CO2 is going to be a lot closer to world average co2(even a bit below average), than a spot CO2 reading taken in a city, suring the coal and log burning days.

How about something from a reputable scientist not on the fossil fuel payroll?
No reactor, your opinions are based on faith in the church of blah blah blah, not on SCIENCE!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Originally Posted by binary visions
I'm sorry, but regardless of your stance on global warming, anyone who thinks that man's impact on the earth is "inconsequential" is either badly deluded or not paying attention.
it's a pretty good bet that 400 million years from now it will be reguarded as such.
Funny, but I'm pretty sure the world trade center would have fallen before then, and all the people in it died; That didn't stop W from killing off a few hundred thousand people because of it. Your point is utter Bu!! $hit.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
ding ding

WINNER!

For the moment, belonging to the Church of Global Warming makes one socially accepted and gives its members a 'holier than thou' elistist attitude without really making them do anything other than profess belief in GW whether or not they actually understand the subject or not.
Kind of like 29"ers

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Originally Posted by N8
ding ding

WINNER!

For the moment, belonging to the Republican Party makes one socially accepted and gives its members a 'holier than thou' elistist attitude without really making them do anything other than profess belief in GW whether or not they actually understand the subject or not.

Fixed.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
well, here's the absolutely truth and bottomline:

If there is NO global warming and we do smething about it, then at least doing the right thing will yield a better environment.

If there IS global warming and we do nothing, then our grandchildren are fvcked.

Why not take the chance that there is no global warming and make positive steps to living a little cleaner?
that's exactly how I see it...but I actually care about the world my kids will live in most don't....D