Quantcast

I went to a cross race...

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
...and Ryan Trebon lapped almost the entire field (one guy didn't get lapped). He passed me coming through the start/finish area, I felt like an idiot. I had a horrible race, it was really hot, and the course was powdered dirt making it miserable. I also tripped twice on the barriers and almost fell down....yeah, I'm doing the As proud. On a good note, the new bike rode great! Anyone else race cross this weekend? Squeak? MtnbikeMike? Are you doing any cross races Heidi?

Last edited:

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
My season starts next week. Today I came out of retirement and did an XC race. It was a small local race, but I won surprisingly. I had expected to be OTB.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Practice was today, I was out of town, but I just put 15 stitches in my leg so I am hoping I can race next week.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
At least some of the other local pros here can make it without getting lapped! It's fun to watch them chase and try like hell when he is singing and talking to other racers he laps like it's no big deal for him. :)

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
At least some of the other local pros here can make it without getting lapped! It's fun to watch them chase and try like hell when he is singing and talking to other racers he laps like it's no big deal for him. :)
Yeah, he looked comfortable when he came by me. Oh well, I know what I need to do now.....get faster! :)

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Yes I raced at Brecktobercross in Breckenridge. I flew the RM flag (Jersey) proud and finished well back. :) :) This is almost a mountain bike course, and there was a ton of dirt\mud\single track, but passing was easily done in the grassy areas.

1st race in about 4 years, and I certainly suffered. I was 33rd out of about 40. Meh!

All in good fun though. I actually crashed on my last lap in a muddy corner. I was getting cocky and high sided railing the corner.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Oh yeah, ran Maxxis Raze clinchers and they performed awsome! I picked these up while waiting for my Schwalbe's to come in. I will now have a couple nice sets of clinchers (My other tires are Ritcheys, and are good on dry but absolutely suck in the mud).