Quantcast

I went to San Diego, and I liked it.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Spent the weekend in San Diego. Took the fat surfing at Old Man's/Tourmaline. Went to Sea World. Went and had dinners out.

I really liked San Diego. Enough so that if I could figure out how to make enough money to live there I'd go park all of my guns at my place in Reno and move down and be a law abiding citizen. Well, law abiding as I understand it at least.

What a great town. Great weather. Killer food. Hippies to piss off as I cut them off in their VW van on the freeway. Sea World, which would have been cooler but for earth quakes shutting things down.

But I wonder, how the **** does anyone afford to live there?!? $4.40 for gas, and $3k a month to rent, I can't see that being an easy place to swing.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
You were in Sandy eggo and did not let Teej or myself know??? WTF We could have broken the space time continuem or some **** like that
Had the girlfriend with me. It was one of dem der romantication weekends. She don't regard my ability to rip holes in the space time fabric as romantics. Its a pretty astute call on her part really.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
****ing master blaster. He's why I hate midgets and monster retards.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Just gotta figure out how to pay for that rock and roll lifestyle without having to whore myself out at chubby chaser conventions. I'm not going gay for pay to live in SD.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Just gotta figure out how to pay for that rock and roll lifestyle without having to whore myself out at chubby chaser conventions. I'm not going gay for pay to live in SD.
We, who live in the whale's vagine, have learned to ball on the budget and have come to accept the lifestyle cuts that are necessary to live in this awesome weather.

Plenty of homes, not on the beach, to rent for sub $2k. Sea World and SD Zoo annual passes are relatively the same as going twice. Live in the right neighborhood and anything can be had in the county within 30min.

Drawback... gun laws suck donkey nuts, gas will just get more expensive, and people don't know how to drive in any weather aside from sunny.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
SD is high on my military retirement destination list. Couple bases there for my broke ass to get meds at, Mrs JohnE wants government civilian work (She was a GS 10 in a past life...I could deal w/ her going back as a 12-13...), best friend from growing up lives there, kids love it and you cant beat the weather. I could be a beach/shop/gym bum for money there...but Norcal is nice too, and Colorado wont leave me alone...love Alaska too...

I have nightmares that I am going to get stuck in Iowa.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
i too dig san diego. the beer scene cant be beat, great weather, awesome riding. affordable places can be found in nice areas if you know where to look. i live in clairemont, not nice not crappy. but bordered by 4 freeways so you can be anywhere in 10 minutes or less. our rent is 1250 for a 2 bedroom townhouse. not bad IMO