Quantcast

I went to sst today and left with a.........

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
BROKEN ARM!!!! Thanks to AJ,Bibs,Capt. Crunch,The dude who gave his tube to use as a sling and to everyone else who helped me out, when i went down. Anyways i will know more tomorrow.But the ER doc thinks i will be in a sling for 2 week and off the bike for the rest of this year at least. Thanks again to everyone who helped me out.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
KNine said:
BROKEN ARM!!!! Thanks to AJ,Bibs,Capt. Crunch,The dude who gave his tube to use as a sling and to everyone else who helped me out, when i went down. Anyways i will know more tomorrow.But the ER doc thinks i will be in a sling for 2 week and off the bike for the rest of this year at least. Thanks again to everyone who helped me out.
Dude, that sucks :( . We chatted with Cory as he was leaving. What part of your arm did you break? If you need the number an awesome ortho arm doctor let me know. I'm riding in the 8th week of recovering from a broken humorus.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Bummer deal man! Heal up soon there is plenty of time to heal before next summer! When i was hiking my bike up in the snow i felt the cold in my broken leg from last year, it was kinda trippy.

Cory Cory Cory...... holy crap dude, you are metal!

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
Bellingham
KNine said:
I will not give up riding. If i do, i will have let it beat me and i am not willing to give up on the sport i love. This just has not been my year.

sucks about the arm... not my year either; broken collarbone, elbow, ankle, and heel

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
I saw the doctor today. He had me do a CT scan this afternoon. So this is what i know right now. I am down for 3 months. If the bone is displace 5mm or less i will be ok. If it is 5mm-10mm it will be a judgement call and if it is 1cm or more out. I will have to have surgery. I will know more next Monday.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
KNine said:
I saw the doctor today. He had me do a CT scan this afternoon. So this is what i know right now. I am down for 3 months. If the bone is displace 5mm or less i will be ok. If it is 5mm-10mm it will be a judgement call and if it is 1cm or more out. I will have to have surgery. I will know more next Monday.
Dude, you will get better. I know 3 months sounds like a really long time right now, but after the first 6 weeks your body starts healing super fast :) At least the weather is crappy!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I let myself go too after my injury, now I'm trying to work myself back into shape - lost 4 lbs already and the pony keg abs is now just a party ball.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Get in line....I think it's normal to let yourself go a little. You get some what depressed and you can't be as active. It's totally easier to lay on the couch and eat :thumb:

yea, I start teaching spin this weekend, so I should shape back up a bit.
plus having a gf, takes up alot of time..but in a great way :) I forgot what it was like...LOL :thumb: :D

FIVE, a pony keg, thats all? I have a full 20 gallon keg!
I need a bike to ride again, XC....I know I cant belive I said it either..I need to ride XC :( or road....then start up on the trails again!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
20 gal keg? dang! I got the Blur 4x for the same reason, I can ride *cough* XC *cough* w/ it too.

Went out w/ this doctor woman and was telling her about my injury/surgery and all the breaks this year to fellow riders...she just gave me this look and well haven't heard from her since. I think she thinks we're a crazy lot.

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
simple. I went to do the middle line.Rolled that drop, next thing i know is i am going over the bars and slamming my arm into the ground. I have no idea what i did wrong.