Quantcast

I will be leaving you all

Big_Papa1080

Village Idiot
Dec 10, 2001
Fairbanks, Alaska
For the next 14 weeks i will be in Army basic training/infantry school. any last minute advice for ex-army monkeys would be appreciated. i leave at 6:30 on 8/24. everyone ride hard for me while im gone. :thumb: :D

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
Big_Papa1080 said:
For the next 14 weeks i will be in Army basic training/infantry school. any last minute advice for ex-army monkeys would be appreciated. i leave at 6:30 on 8/24. everyone ride hard for me while im gone. :thumb: :D

Take care man, where are you going? State side for now I hope.

And I will ride hard for you :thumb:

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
Big props to Big Papa...Way to take one for the team! Now the rest of us can ride in safety, free from terrorists and weapons of mass destruction! (of course I mean those not in Iraq, since they didn't have any in the first place)
All jokes aside, Big Papa gets a big :thumb: and a thank you from yours truly.

Big_Papa1080

Village Idiot
Dec 10, 2001
Fairbanks, Alaska
COmtbiker12 said:
Any idea what you want to do in the Army?
Infantry. I have an Airborne contract and I am guarenteed ranger training. it should be fun. ill give ya an update when i can.

deweydude said:
Take care man, where are you going?
I spend a wonderful 6 months or so in Ft. Benning, Georgia. i hear its not hot and there are no bugs in georgia in august :think:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Big_Papa1080 said:
NOT EX-ARMY:
Awe man my advice? if they have guns dont wait for them to shot at you, shot them first let god deal with the good/bad ones thats his job.
Are you coming here to Texas for Basic?
Also my brother is an airborne ranger at FB, Captain DeOre. If you come across him, run.
:)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Good luck to you. And thank you for choosing to serve our country. May you never have to fire at a human being.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Big_Papa1080 said:
Infantry. I have an Airborne contract and I am guarenteed ranger training. it should be fun. ill give ya an update when i can.

I spend a wonderful 6 months or so in Ft. Benning, Georgia. i hear its not hot and there are no bugs in georgia in august :think:
So 13+ weeks of Basic / AIT training, 3 weeks Airborne, and 4 weeks of RIP. Nothing fun about any of that. RIP isn't as bad as Ranger School but it still is hard. Then after all of that and you make it into the 75th, I hope you are ready to be sleeping in the dirt a lot, A WHOLE LOT.

Good luck to you. Keep your mouth shut and your ears and eyes open. Remember to breathe, when everything is going to **** remember to breathe. It'll help.