Quantcast

I will do this once more for you people

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
quoted for posterity

I am not a singlespeed rider. I have always used gears..the truth is that by the end of the riding season my knees are shot and the pressure of pedaling SS is not something I can do.

as for shifting since I damaged my wrist offroading years ago I am limited with only 80% strength and low endurance. That is why I created XTR shifting through the brake lever years ago. SRAM halfpipes are what I have always used since the hand injury, I just adapted to shifing differently.

As for suspension seatposts I use a cane creek thudbuster when riding HT's. Easier on my back and my endurance on the bike goes up tenfold. The thudbuster is also why I came up with theories about bike designs. How suspension would work. The ETSX Rocky mountain bike is a direct result of this.

March 2nd 2002 at a bike show I actually met Wade Simmons and voiced alot of complaints about how bikes were being made. I am the reason spline has two pronunciations..it was also my idea to begin with. I created a bike and every part on it that day. I have advanced all forms of cycling over the years and have contributed 3 times in my life to building better bikes. The main companies I have influenced seem to be Raleigh, Rocky Mountain, Giant and Trek and KHS and Specialized, I created the next genaeration of their Epic bike. There were HTs as well as softails as I reassigned and cut the first race course through pictures of Epic XC. Starting a new sport meant bikes parts and course and descriptions of ride lines.

I personally negotiated with manufacturers for tubeless tires and had to speak to rim manufacturers and tire companies to get them built.

Raceface was also consulted as I named and drew the first Deus and Diabolus stems. I later intoduced their company to what Large Sizing is because they were breaking.

There were also products that had nothing to do with MTB. I created the first Hybrid automobile (two shells were made and I have named two cars that are in production today) and had to consult manufacturers to get that built too. A president and a Prime Minister were involved as some of my new ideas affect politics and the US and Canada together.

I have never to this day received any $$ or bicycles for these contributions. They were gifts.
sounds like a dr. evil monologue in places...

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
wait a minute....isn't the Toronto Cannabis cup going on right now?
Last weekend and it was a blast..I know someone who went. There was plenty of jah going around and the stuff that they gave people got them higher then they have ever been in their lives. I guess we could have all gone. The World Stoner Games in May seemed to be more suited to the lot of us as for number of strains and affordability

Last edited:

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
geez it is a synopsis and lot of details were left out. I also gave Gary Fisher the 29er. Another one of my original ideas. There are people who believe that it is a fad. I met Gary Fisher over the phone though and that was awesome. There were other celebrities as well that participated on their cell phones.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
I have fully explained by now several times that getting on it and riding it the way it is was not possible for me. what part of 'my knees are shot' did you not understand?

I am guessing there are alot of trendy fixie and singlespeed riders around here that have never had professional training regarding MTB. I learned everything I know about riding and custom building bikes with a purpose and take into credit physical demands that the body has when makin them. It is an aggro series bike made exactly for epic xc. Anyway I am just overjoyed that is possible to find something that I can ride this day in age and that Epic XC hasn't died out. What would be really cool is if I got my cyberage radio sponsor back and tried racing the thing to win something. Training I have done including riding in packs but racing I have never done. It is what I have left in my life to accomplish.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Last weekend and it was a blast..I know someone who went. There was plenty of jah going around and the stuff that they gave people got them higher then they have ever been in their lives. I guess we could have all gone. The World Stoner games in May seemed to be more suited to the lot of us as for number of strains and affordability
Jah doesn't mean what you think it does in this context.

It means God in Patois.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
The short of why SS does not work for me? If I dont use a 34 Tooth cassette I cant even make it up some of the hills here because of the steep grades. 32T wont cut it. That is what I have and will be avoiding some hills.

I know you are asking right about now how will my knees fare racing with all of the constant abuse? Well this comes back to my Mountain BIke Magazine subscription and a very old article regarding uphilling by canadian athlete matt green. If a bicycle is properly used for said purpose there is no damage to the body. ie do not ride a MTB on the road up to the cottage..

anyway having a monthly magazine subscription helps to those who are new to the sport

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
I invented the question mark...
This is where what I learned in engineering school becomes important. I didnt get credited for the invention of anything. Though because the hybrid i originally introduced in college and mentioned it to my professors and classmates and copyright laws I may still get credit for that. Otherwise they were all product suggestions and considered contributions to an industry. It is considered a middle class act of compassion to keep people working...and its importance is only to defend jobs. It is up to the management of these companies to further brand the products.

The Saint shifting system I actually named after the movie with Val Kilmer in it. I am not some kind of saint. I would like to consider myself to be a funmaker...and will always try to be at heart

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
This is where what I learned in engineering school becomes important. I didnt get credited for the invention of anything. Though because the hybrid i originally introduced in college and mentioned it to my professors and classmates and copyright laws I may still get credit for that. Otherwise they were all product suggestions and considered contributions to an industry. It is considered a middle class act of compassion to keep people working...and its importance is only to defend jobs. It is up to the management of these companies to further brand the products.

The Saint shifting system I actually named after the movie with Val Kilmer in it. I am not some kind of saint. I would like to consider myself to be a funmaker...and will always try to be at heart
Ya know, I don't think you're crazy. I think you are a fvcking crybaby and a scammer.

Good luck being you.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Ya know, I don't think you're crazy. I think you are a fvcking crybaby and a scammer.

Good luck being you.
:stosh:

Yeah. Why did this guy get a free bike he didn't seem to want again?
Gee, I have never scammed before in my life.

I know already that everybody wants a piece of me...I am not Drunken_Ninja for no reason.
I am very serious that I have made contributions, lost everything due to schizophrenia and would likely never ride again without the donation bike

My influences I have mentioned, I like Matt Green canadian olympic athlete love the uphill

If I seemed like I didnt want it, it is because I take it so f#cking seriously. With all of these companies watering down the durability of their bicycles and using knock offs of the frames I made I am PISSED OFF.

I work with homeless people and dont even deal with fluff on an everyday basis unless I come here. I am taking the bike riding among real people who never had this type of sh!t before. People who would sell the bike to feed themselves before keeping it for themselves. I wasnt going to post video here and invite so many people riding this summer that I have but obviously there are people that surf this site whom understand neither. We are not ALL asking for bikes either what we would like to ask is that people give food to their local food bank.

I have been harassed by your last two presidents and three of the last Canadian prime ministers. People obviously need to talk to me as well. I add a human factor.

None of these achievements are quite how they appear or seem because there are political issues that have come up as well.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ok I was gonna stay out of it, but I have 2 points to make:

1) What's with the constant need to justify your actions?

2) For all these claims regarding your supposed contributions to the cycling industry, you have yet to provide a single iota of factual evidence to validate these claims.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
JD and myself and everyone else were happy to help get a bike under someone without one and we want you to enjoy it. So take JD's advice and just go have fun!

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
I am not an outcast for saying yes and thankyou for all of this. I have never gotten anything that I ever wanted without there being strings attached. Prepare for some hilariously stringy bike footage.

Dont ever forget that I am from Toronto and am not afraid of any of you on your bicycles

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Ok I was gonna stay out of it, but I have 2 points to make:

1) What's with the constant need to justify your actions?

2) For all these claims regarding your supposed contributions to the cycling industry, you have yet to provide a single iota of factual evidence to validate these claims.
Only Rocky Mountain Bicycles has been gracious enough to admit on their web page and acknowledge X-Project. That is just it we could create a social group here at Ridemonkey as the official X-Project home site. This is the name I gave us. (I had recieved alot of feedback from racers at work in the shop) Xproject is the name of the group of riders building bikes for other riders. (not fluff) There is alot of interest in the DH Forum about using software to create new bicycles and we could do that here. Anyhow they are not supposed to know who gives these suggestions but I will admit to you that The RMX bicycle is also one of my creations. (i influenced it but have nothing to do with their link and its ratio)

Last edited:

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
so i'm sure i missed a lot here, but from what i can tell, are people complaining because you got a bike and you don't like it singles speed...if that's all this is about...wow...don't listen to these people dn ride the bike, change whatever you want on the bike...it's YOURS