Quantcast

i win the dumbass of the day award

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i decide to cruise through the neighborhood a bit on the road bike, and being nosy, i head over to the nearby house where there's an open house...i check the house specs and price, and then decide to crank up the short hill...well, i was wearing sandals, and either the chain skipped or i just slipped a pedal (actually, both), but whatever the case, the end result was the same: toes folded under, dragging on the road. ripped all the skin off the top of two of my toes on my left foot, and got a good gouge on the bottom of my big toe on the other.

:dead:

damn that hurt.

still does.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i wanted nothing to do w/ my camera, just wanted to pedal the scant few hundred yards home and have my wife take care of the bloody appendages.

i think i fared better than stinkyboy's tangle w/ his syncros pedals though.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
narlus said:
i wanted nothing to do w/ my camera, just wanted to pedal the scant few hundred yards home and have my wife take care of the bloody appendages.

i think i fared better than stinkyboy's tangle w/ his syncros pedals though.
Gotcha...might have been kinda nasty anywhere.

Heal up!

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
narlus said:
i decide to cruise through the neighborhood a bit on the road bike, and being nosy, i head over to the nearby house where there's an open house...i check the house specs and price, and then decide to crank up the short hill...well, i was wearing sandals, and either the chain skipped or i just slipped a pedal (actually, both), but whatever the case, the end result was the same: toes folded under, dragging on the road. ripped all the skin off the top of two of my toes on my left foot, and got a good gouge on the bottom of my big toe on the other.

:dead:

damn that hurt.

still does.

Might I suggest.......

pdawg

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Espoo, Finland
I've seen some sandals with SPD cleats... wonder if those help from getting road rash.

EDIT: ha, ha... just writing this as the pic was posted.... this forum moves too fast for me. :D