Quantcast

I wish...

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
there was a berm at the end of alpine. After the steep step down right at the end. It seems like just after that would be a perfect place for another huge berm or wallride, maybe even something cool that spits you out inline with the phantom drop deck. I think anything would be better than the rutted out, rocky exit to skinny bridge thats there now. I dont know just my .02, in my mind that would be the perfect way to end such a good flowy trail. Any body else have the same wish?

flame away

Sep 23, 2007
no.

its nice having something that you might fall on if you go fast enough. you can still flow through that pretty fast.

saturday i had the same conversation on the first lift ride up. and after one ride through there, i think its fine.

what i think diablo should do is open during the weekdays already so i can skip out of work and ride...which i would have done today :bonk:

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
i think the berm at the end of alpine after the double should be bigger. right before you go for the sram berm, it would be easier to keep speed...

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Im not saying theres something wrong with it per se, I hit it all weekend in every condition myself. I just think that that area has a ton more potential to a end a fun flowy trail. Since diablo has such a great crew working it maybe something like that would happen if enough people liked something. Again this is just my wish that Im sharing, Im certainly not demanding or anything I just wanted to know if anyone was thinking the same as me.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
eh.... I think that part is pretty fun. I'd rather see them doing the awesome work they have planned for other/new trails.

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
Am I the only person who can't come close to having enough speed for the cheese wedge jumps? I probably am :D, but does anybody else dislike them too?

road2nowhere

Monkey
May 13, 2007
i love those cheese wedges. if you want a good run up for them do this. when you go into the first set of trees towards the end of alpine where everyone stops to hit the table top into the sram berm. by the progressive drops. jsut go straight across and it brings you out behind the little shed by the cheese wedges, it was closed this weekend but thats normally the way i go when i wanna nail those. or you cuold just go the regular way and walk up to the shed

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
Yeah I'll probably get them the next few times I go.

Back on topic, I like the little section at the end, no reason blasting through it if there's nothing to ride after that but the phantom drop which requires little speed anyway.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
Am I the only person who can't come close to having enough speed for the cheese wedge jumps? I probably am :D, but does anybody else dislike them too?
Na... thier a pain for me to clear also, but still fun. As road2nowhere said, after alpine, go straight. You def. can get a lot more speed that way.

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
sorry for being an idiot here, but youre talking about right before the little wooden bridge right? cuz i wouldnt even consider that a step down so much...but hey thats just me

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
i think that the small berm in the woods could be bigger but not at the cost of new trails. when it becomes an issue diablo crew will fix. they are always on top of the trails there

road2nowhere

Monkey
May 13, 2007
i know some people wouldnt consider it a step down, but it all depnds on how you hit it. i think it probably wasnt ever supposed to be a jump just a speedbump. but alot of people have started airing off of me and landing on the hill and blasting through the trail. thats how i ride it. but a berm would deffinetly be sweet

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
id like a berm there as well actually. you definitely lose speed there with the lack of ability to turn at the speed you carry out of there. Oh well