Quantcast

I work with a bunch of redneck ignorant republicans

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
I dont get involved in anything at work that doesnt involve my job. Politics and religon are best discussed amongst friends, family , or total strangers.

I feel that my 8 hours a day are best spent making money so I can enjoy the the other 16

basicly I put in my 8 go home to my shack and work on my manifest, I am much happier that way.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
A couple of ladies that work for me have tried to discuss religion and politics with me. I give extremely vague responses or just shrug. I have five grandmothers that report to me...try to discuss politics and religion with five grandmothers.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Welcome to my in-laws... they have totally consumed all the republican kool-aid that they can. they make n8 look like a liberal!

Since most of their forwarded emails were debunked by Factcheck or snopes - I just kept sending them the links showing them that it was all BS.

Finally I got fed up and told them that the inflammatory lies they sent were a direct reflection off who they were... they don't email me anything political anymore.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I have five grandmothers that report to me...try to discuss politics and religion with five grandmothers.
The last grandma I worked with credited the killer financing she received on her latest vehicle as a gift from Jesus. Cheap wheels AND a seat in heaven next to the lord. I'll eat that dogma with a spoon.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
My parents once forwarded an email that claimed Obama was a fundamentalist muslim who was taking over the US from the inside. I found the snopes article and then sent an intelligent reply to about 100 people who had circulated this thing. Needless to say, the parents were angry at me and embarassed and I've never seen another political email from them. :D

I'm sure the higher-ups at your company are thrilled that you guys are using company time to circulate and discuss these emails (or browse RM for that matter).

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
My parents once forwarded an email that claimed Obama was a fundamentalist muslim who was taking over the US from the inside. I found the snopes article and then sent an intelligent reply to about 100 people who had circulated this thing. Needless to say, the parents were angry at me and embarassed and I've never seen another political email from them. :D

I'm sure the higher-ups at your company are thrilled that you guys are using company time to circulate and discuss these emails (or browse RM for that matter).
the sad thing is, the presidents son sent this last one out...and he had forwarded it from...HIS DAD...the freaking president of the company

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I just stopped 2 kids who were yelling at another kid whom I suppose was an Obama fan...(and I quote) "ARE YOU STUPID? OBAMA HANGS OUT WITH TERRORISTS AND WANTS TO TAKE OUR GUNS" :huh:

I asked them what flavor the "Kool aid" was... they looked puzzled and then I told them to shut their mouths... I then told them "If you ever wanted to talk about anything outside of class content again in my room, you better have your facts correct!" I opened up factcheck.org and proceded to show them the truth's and lies being thrown back and forth!

this is such a polarizing time, that I am sure that whether people are 13 or 55 they are pretty well decided on which side of the 2 party fence they are on... that is unless they are that group known as "the undecided" those people should be kept inside when it rains... you never know when they may look up with their mouth wide open and drown! :twitch:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I just stopped 2 kids who were yelling at another kid whom I suppose was an Obama fan...(and I quote) "ARE YOU STUPID? OBAMA HANGS OUT WITH TERRORISTS AND WANTS TO TAKE OUR GUNS" :huh:

I asked them what flavor the "Kool aid" was... they looked puzzled and then I told them to shut their mouths... I then told them "If you ever wanted to talk about anything outside of class content again in my room, you better have your facts correct!" I opened up factcheck.org and proceded to show them the truth's and lies being thrown back and forth!

this is such a polarizing time, that I am sure that whether people are 13 or 55 they are pretty well decided on which side of the 2 party fence they are on... that is unless they are that group known as "the undecided" those people should be kept inside when it rains... you never know when they may look up with their mouth wide open and drown! :twitch:

Back in 1980 I remember the election had divided everyone on my pre-school bus between Carter and Reagan. There were competing chants of "Carter sucks" and "Reagan sucks". I was pretty well informed. I think I supported Reagan because he used to hang out with a monkey.