Quantcast

IBIS Trials Comp 88/87...a plead for parts

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
I am building up this dinosaur and was wondering if anyone has parts lying around for cheap/free. I am more than happy to pay shipping to help some of you guys clean up your clutter. I am looking for a fork and some brakes, and a headset, bars.........who knows what else. Any donations humbly accepted and greatly appreciated. Jason

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
pangeist said:
forget I asked......I cant believe this, what kind of community is this?
Well there is the age of the bike for one thing.

The fact that not to many were probably produced might be another.

Not to many people have probably seen one. Or know what you are talking about.

That being said, the only time I have seen them is on ebay. And they were generally complete bikes.

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
Well I should have indicated the "tongue in cheek" tone I was writing in. Yes it is a dinosaur. And yes to all you said, I am just looking for some old maguras if anyone has them, working or not. Its a 20/24 so I am also looking for rims. Its a beater bike that I am looking to use to teach a few neighborhood kids to ride on so it will get thrashed. Thanks, Jason

butthead

Chimp
Dec 17, 2001
Las Cruces, NM
I've actually got an old set of HS-22's that I could part with. I'm currently moving, so I can't get to them for roughly a week. The lines need to be replaced, but they should still work. If you send me a couple bucks for shipping, they are yours. I've also got a set of cheap riser bars that are relatively narrow that may be a decent setup for kids.