Bars: Cut to 582mm / 22.9"
F.Hub: Mtb kit, flipped collars
Lever: Cut down

- Johnny

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
DANG - so many brakeless 24s out there! however, i try to ride brakeless all the time, but with brakes still on the bike for emergency/cruising.

sick ride, man, i like it alot. simple.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
you have the spacers on the Marmoset on wrong. That flange is going to rub on the outer race of the bearings, if you haven't noticed already. Basically you should read "G-sport" the other way.

Super nice Molly too!! (maybe a bit busy with the stickers, but hey, that's just my opinion)
I'll be posting up some pics of mine here in the next week or so. ;)

JJJKKK

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007
you have the spacers on the Marmoset on wrong. That flange is going to rub on the outer race of the bearings, if you haven't noticed already. Basically you should read "G-sport" the other way.

Super nice Molly too!! (maybe a bit busy with the stickers, but hey, that's just my opinion)
I'll be posting up some pics of mine here in the next week or so. ;)
They wont rub. I added spec-list, check from mods.

Hi I'm the guy who made it.

There's tubespacer inside and the collars are grooved. I flipped them as you can see.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
That's bangin! Love it, what's the rise on those bars? I'm not a good judge from pics but it looks a tad higher than 3" but like I said I'm not a good judge.

JJJKKK

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007
That's bangin! Love it, what's the rise on those bars? I'm not a good judge from pics but it looks a tad higher than 3" but like I said I'm not a good judge.
Yeah true. They are 85mm. You've seen these before on StreetSteeze, ServeEm:thumb: Check here.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
They wont rub. I added spec-list, check from mods.
ok, didn't realize you put a groove in the backside of the g-sport spacers/collars, that is if I'm understanding you correctly???
I've got two Marmosets (one on an ODSY M7 wheel) actually, and both need to be run with that spacer so the larger diameter is out near the dropouts. It's run this same way on pro's bikes too if you notice in bike checks. If you put it up against the bearing it binds the wheel and doesn't spin freely...

JJJKKK

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007
ok, didn't realize you put a groove in the backside of the g-sport spacers/collars, that is if I'm understanding you correctly???
I've got two Marmosets (one on an ODSY M7 wheel) actually, and both need to be run with that spacer so the larger diameter is out near the dropouts. It's run this same way on pro's bikes too if you notice in bike checks. If you put it up against the bearing it binds the wheel and doesn't spin freely...
I've done the same as.. I don't know the right word in english but my modded collars works and look like bottom bracket dustcaps you know? You must know what I'm talking about as theyr OD is the same as bearing's OD... and dust caps wont rub because they're machined... the way they are lol damn my english. Hopefully you now understand. But you're right without my mod the hub would not spin at all when you try to tighten it up.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
I've done the same as.. I don't know the right word in english but my modded collars works and look like bottom bracket dustcaps you know? You must know what I'm talking about as theyr OD is the same as bearing's OD... and dust caps wont rub because they're machined... the way they are lol damn my english. Hopefully you now understand. But you're right without my mod the hub would not spin at all when you try to tighten it up.
yeah, I got'cha, no worries about the english. Bottom bracket dust caps are a perfect example for my brain to picture, haha. I don't know the exact word for that removal of material either... but I know what you mean now.
I saw their OD was the same as the bearing too, so I've tried to run it that way as as you have them, and I got the rub. It just needs a little shave out of there so it's only contacting the inner race of the bearing and it's fine.
Very nice touch though.
I'll be running mine on a custom alu. flush axle on my Rebate 1420... or on my slammed DJ2.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
looking at your bike makes me want to go out and ride my Tonic. its sitting next to me right now like a little puppy, ready to play, as i'm finishing off my workday.

once again - damn sharp bike u got there!

JJJKKK

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007
Thanks all for comments.

Satori: I prefer the look yes, that's why I did it. You've got some nice stuff going on too, liked the compression bolt the most. I would like to do the same for my Manitou's steerer tube I haven't yet found out how to make sure the tap will make the threads down exactly straight. Friend of mine made steerer tube from titanium for hes Marzocchi forks and added threads too for the bolt but it was easy as you can remove the steerer tube from crown and then fully machine it. In my case I should make some sort of jigs or something.

v-digit: Thanks dude, hopefully you liked my previous rides too :thumb:

JJJKKK

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007
Swapped the cranks with the Molly and my Sunday... Also bought ti spindle for Hollowbites.

Now the big bike is rocking with Flys and I should be able to practise grinds as these cranks are more narrow and wont hit to rails...

EDIT: Added more pics

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Legit.
Hoppity hop, Poppity whop.

what gear ratio is that? For some reason it looks even smaller than the 22:9 on mine... Did you have to dremel your sprocket bolt, or did you run a set screw or something to clear the chain?
Haven't ever put pegs on my Molly, and I suck at grinds, but hell man, when I look at just the photos of your bike alone it looks fun, haha.... If I weren't running flush femaled race axles right now, I'd almost consider some plegs just to mess around on some ledges.

JJJKKK

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007
Thanks all.

I would like to give you some riding pics but I'm still such a grasshopper like the avatar-thingie says. I wish I could go back in time and start riding when I was like 13 or so. Sucks to learn everything when your in age 21 and having only 5 months (long winter and no indoor parks) per year time to practise I can tell you that.

BikeSATORI, the ratio is 24/10! Not small at all ;) Haven't modified anything except the rear Pleg's corner so it would fit without rubbing to chainstay.

JJJKKK

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007

Nemesis Project Street bars arrived!

Will post some thoughts and better pics when the rain stops. They need some test driving as well.

I've had a small hand surgery and a bit bigger eye surgery. Hand kept me off from riding 1 ½ month and eyes whole june and upcoming july. On july they will operate the hand again, old issues came back I'm affraid.

Anyway Thank you Brad, for everything.

I'm really stoked!!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
nice bmx bike... :evil:

just screwing with you man, rip that bad boy...im sure ill see it rolling round rays this winter...

in the interim get down to 7 springs on that sunday and do some runs with us!

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
nice bmx bike... :evil:

just screwing with you man, rip that bad boy...im sure ill see it rolling round rays this winter...

in the interim get down to 7 springs on that sunday and do some runs with us!

...from Finland? Am I lost, is there a ray's in the Great North now too?

shoulda' put the king cups in upside down to score the ticket with the hipsters, haha.

JJJKKK

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007
Haha no worries manhattanprjkt83!

I couldn't come to Rays anyways since I'm not allowed to ride that hard due to eye surgery and my hand hurts aswell when it gets some heavier hits. Hopefully it will be fully sorted out before 2009 lol!

Man the bars feel fantastic!! 9 degrees of backsweep felt awkward at first since I was used to 6 degrees of Aktarus bars but an hour later they just rocked!
Aktarus had 3.36" rise and they were 22.1" wide, these wider and lower rise NemPros are spot on! Now the big bike feels more like my BMX which I've used to more these days.

The Molly is only temperally build up as I was waiting new forks for my bmx and I wanted do some cruising while I waited them...
On monday I will disassemble it again and finish it. It needs paint (it's real raw atm btw, no lacquer) and some more things to do.

Seat tube shortened and mounts removed. Smooth surface.

Frame: Union-Street Molly Maguire 4th generation black 990
Fork: Manitou Gold Label 2 60mm
Bar: Custom Nemesis Project Street bars 24.5"
Grips: Animal
Bar Ends: TheShadowConspiracy
Stem: TheShadowConspiracy Attack
Spacer: 10mm carbon
Headset: Chris King

Bottom Bracket: Primo
Cranks: FlyBikes 175mm
Pedals: FlyBikes
Sprocket: Tree Lite 23t
Chain: KMC Z510HX

Seat: Animal Strip
Seatpost: Animal
Seatclamp: TheShadowConspiracy Alfred

F.Tire: Kenda NPJ
R:Tire: KHE MAC2
Rims: Atomlab Pimp standard 36h
Nipples: Dt Swiss ProLock brass 12mm
Spokes: Sapim Leader 2.0
F.Hub: G-Sport Marmoset
R.Hub: Primo Pro Mix w/ Primo 10t driver

Mods
Frame: Cut down seat tube, brakemounts shaved off
Fork: Machinecut steerer tube, lowered, custom spring and bottom-out bumbers, D-Street axle
F.Hub: Mtb kit, flipped collars mod
R.Hub: Cut down axle
Grips: Cut off flanges

Pegs: G-Sport Plegs or cut down WTP Toxic Street

Here's my bmx if you're interested. Most parts bought second handed.

Frame: Sunday New Wave 20.5"
Fork: Sunday Morning 2
Handlebar: Sunday Tudor
Grips: TheShadowConspiracy Ol'Dirty
Bar Ends: Odyssey Par Ends
Stem: Thomson Elite
Headset: FlyBikes

Bottom Bracket: TheShadowConspiracy
Cranks: Primo Hollowbite 175mm w/ Primo ti spindle
Pedals: FlyBikes
Sprocket: RNC ti 28t w/ selfmade 22mm adapter (higher tolerances than the one that came on Hollows
Chain: KMC 510hx

Seat: Animal
Seatpost: Thomson Elite
Seatclamp: Odyssey Senior Kevlar

F.wheel (****ty)
Tire: FlyBikes Folding Callejera 1.9"
Rim: Odyssey 7KA 48h
Nipples: DT Standard brass 12mm
Spokes: DT Champion 2.0
Hub: WTP Pi low flange 14mm (cones n bearings f'd up, another cone jammed on for good)

R.wheel
Tire: FlyBikes Folfing Callejera 1.9"
Rim: GSport Ribcage Macadamia 36h
Nipples: DT ProLock brass
Spokes: DT Competition Double Butted
Hub: Profile Mini 10t w/ hollow crmo axle
Hubguard: Profile

Pegs: TheShadowConspiracy Little Ones

Mods
Seatpost: Machined to 198mm
Bar ends: Shaved, alot
Grips: Cut off flanges and ends
F.hub: Cut and machined axle to 3/8" (as the axle is hollow, wallthickness is around 2mm where they're machined to 3/8"), grinded conenuts to fit for wrench

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Nice bikes! The Molly looks so street - but clean if that makes sense.

And when the hell can we get those KHE's here?!

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Joni

Your bike are the sickness ! Great builds .. i really like your sunday I've been toying with the idea of building another bmx bike to play around on! Your Sunday is super close to my ideal build ..:)

JJJKKK

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007
Hey thanks for the kind words don and Brad :)

Another bmx Brad? Care to show pictures of the first one?:) Sounds nicccce.