Quantcast

Iceland Panoramics

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Figured I would post up a few of my first attempts at shooting some panoramics. Grabbed these on my recent trip to Iceland. No fancy pano gear was used, just a tripod, ballhead, and photo stitching (Hugin and Photoshop). Both were taken using a Nikon D600 and 24-70. Let me know what you think; I'll be starting another thread with more pics from the trip but I wanted to share these.

Northern lights over Pingvellir National Park

Sunrise over the Solaris, Reykjavik

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Very cool!

With #2, I have a little trouble with the boat sculpture sitting right on the other focal point of the scene (the sunrise).

Looking forward to the other pictures, too. Iceland is on my list.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Very cool!

With #2, I have a little trouble with the boat sculpture sitting right on the other focal point of the scene (the sunrise).

Looking forward to the other pictures, too. Iceland is on my list.
*glass breaking*

Until you said that about #2 I hadn't noticed. Now it's going to bother me. Crappers.

You definitely have to go. It's so rugged and unique. I wish I had enough money to do the 2 week island tour with one of the reputable companies; I met a guy who had done so and they went to some incredible places. C'est la vie, it will give me something to look forward to for next time.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC

On #2, I think if you could have gotten up higher so the sun was over the middle of the boat rather than behind it, it might have fixed it. Still a great shot, though - very serene.

Incidentally... do you have a higher res version (like 2-3x bigger) of #1? I'd love to see it, and details on what your exposure parameters were.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Made this one just for you BV. It's taken from the other side of the sculpture, this time with the 14-24mm.

I'll see what I can do about the higher res upload of the other one. I think the quality got degraded a bit because its only a single row pano and photoshop had to do some fair distortion when stitching the frames together. That and it's also like 15,000 pixels wide :). Exposures were made at 6 seconds, F/2.8, ISO 3200, 24mm and focused at infinity.

Last edited: