Quantcast

icycle '05

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
ooooh i hopoe so. i had fun at this years, but i'd rather it not be snowing. even if it is snowing i would apprefciate the promoters/organizers ballin up and stil;l having the fire outside. maybe more beer so it doesnt run out in 10 minutes.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I sure hope they do it again this year. The wife wants to make a family trip out of it. Even though the DH is sorta lame it's got a great atmosphere. And riding it at night definitely makes it worth the trip.

I wish they would put the kicker with the tiki torches back in this year.
You want to feel like a rock star, hit that during the race and get blinded by 30 camera flashes. Fun fun fun.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i sure hope it's on this year! that's my favorite race of the year. the hanging out and session-ing stupid stuff beforehand is the best. i just hate the 4 hour drive back home afterward.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Peete said:
That's why you go in with a bunch of people on a room or cabin.
BTW, do you have any USMC sweat pants left over?

ummm, all my sweats have a big "barber" stenciled on them and they are now the property of my wife. she seems to like really baggy sweats :confused: i think i have a green usmc sweatshirt still. a buddy of mine at work is retired and goes to camp lejeune almost every weekend, if you want some cheap i can have him pick some up for you.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Peete said:
Naw, that was just a joke I thought Jeff would pick up on.
Just cut out all the innuendo and buy a freakin' one man tent.

BUT, in the interest of protecting small boys, I think it would be a good idea to wear some of Brandon's old pairs with his name on them. That way we can educate children that if they see this:

bArber

to run away and immediately tell their parents, teachers or police.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Didn't know that. At least they're gonna have it at some point. I may try and drive down to Dothan for a day of practice that weekend in the national's place.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
JeffD said:
Just cut out all the innuendo and buy a freakin' one man tent.

BUT, in the interest of protecting small boys, I think it would be a good idea to wear some of Brandon's old pairs with his name on them. That way we can educate children that if they see this:

bArber

to run away and immediately tell their parents, teachers or police.
man....i think we need to get drunk and make fun of ugly people (besides me of course). most of the people i work with are far too serious, i can't believe it took me that long to figure out what you were talking about.

someone [read: NOT ME], needs to get a difinitive answer on this so i can make accomodation arrangements. if it doesn't happen this year we need to have some sort of night-time race, maybe a dimly lit freeride comp at peewees or something :thumb:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
escapeartist said:
Is this the winter night DH race you and dickiesbike1 were talking about Manimal? where is it?
fo shizzle my nizzle! dude, if it's on you've got to come. you're welcome to ride w/ me/us. it's most definitely the best race of the year, nothing to scary and a killer vibe.

perhaps i'll put my blue/red tirefly blinking lights on my bike again this year...that made for some freaky shadows coming down the trail. :thumb: