Quantcast

Icycle 2011 Cancelled

herndon

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
It's been a great bunch of years but due to logistics the Icycle will not be happening this year. A big thanks to all of you that have supported the event for so many years.

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
It's been a great bunch of years but due to logistics the Icycle will not be happening this year. A big thanks to all of you that have supported the event for so many years.

Dude, that sucks for sure. been a suck-ass year for local race scene... was hoping to start next year on a good note. Chris let me know what i can do in the future to help out.

bRad

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
awesome....another sweet turn of events for the racing scene in the south.

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
Dang, this sux to see another race in the South get canned. I'd love to lend a hand to help make this happen if it's not entirely too late. I've got a little race running experience under my belt. Seriously, someone hit me up. I'd be willing to run timing or registration or announce or whatever is needed.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I was thinking we still go anyway. We can drink, party and do a night run not caring about results. How is that any different than the Icycle? Well I guess we wont get a pint glass.

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
I was thinking we still go anyway. We can drink, party and do a night run not caring about results. How is that any different than the Icycle? Well I guess we wont get a pint glass.

there's power in numbers.... Nice thing about Icycle's in the past Big rockin' house partys with 400+ people partyin' down in a bunch of cabins...the Village security and management aren't gonna mess with you when the whole place is partyin'... there were several years when the security drove by when we had a bigass bonfire in the Ditch in front of the cabin... they just looked the other way... take that number down to 10 - 40 people the chances of them messing with you increase. (just sayin')

i don't know this for fact, but i think most of the issues were caused by Fontana Village wanting more... and imposing restrictions of the beer ... when it was sponsored "free' beer to begin with and the Village wanting to charge for it. I don't know that to be the case here, but I know this was one of the issues that faced NightTrain XC race the Village was getting too greedy with what they wanted... that and the permit fees to using the trails on the Forest Service property.

Last edited: